Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you want to start over, How about sharing some pics of YOUR car? How about telling us about some of the work you have done or had done or whatever.. Tips, tricks, or sharing your experiance.... You know what I mean. Cause it seems like your are always sneaking in WMW.
Steve
Give respect and recieve respect.
Steve Park, this LONG RANT is for you.(_|_)

There are a few young guys on here, so I can't blame age for not owning a 'stang. Truth is, when I took a ride in my first Ford Tempo (age 11), I swore off domestics all together. That was then. And now, I love 'stangs (almost all years). I try to blame my wife and the fact that any and all cash I have is in real estate (w/ good return!!), but I really haven't made as much of a sacrifice for a VM as my fellow VMF members would approve of. I won't go to a dealership no matter how much I like the newest model or even the previous model because I want a VM. So, my next purchase is a 65 - 68 convertible. (No real plans)

What I do have to bring to this board is a love of VM's, a lot of inside Shelby knowledge/experience, and some incredible drives.

My favorite drives each happened to be Shelbys. 3 years ago, on the day of the 'Texas 289' (pic in my album online here - haven't practiced on uploadin photos to the post) where SCAT went out to CS's Pittsburgh ranch, I got to drive a Series 1 that had all of the upgrades including the supercharger (boy howdi).
That same month, I got to drive the prototype GT500E.
2 months later, I drove the polished aluminum Cobra that's pictured in my profile. I have funny stories about each drive, but the funniest thing about each was that I wasn't supposed to be doing it! Maybe I'm a 'forbidden love' kind of guy, but those few times were sweet (especially the polished Cobra because I looked damned good in it):shocked2:. (Oh and gary Patterson from Shelby American took me out in a Cobra. Say what you want about him if you don't like him, but he knows how to drive that car!)
This last summer/fall, I was able to drive two of the WMW '66 convertible continuation Shelbys (also in album). Both have quite a few upgrades on them, but the prototype is the prettiest. When I used to think of any muscle car, I thought of a very heavy matchine that will sway on the slightest turn. I took an exit ramp on I-10 and couldn't have hugged the ground better if I was hugging the ground. The growl in my ear on every green light and that whip-back from my head on each acceleration still is as vivid in my head as the exhaust smell in my nose that lasted the rest of the day. (Hoping some of you can relate to that feeling with all that hp).

Having the experience with those two drives made me love the short bodied 65-66. Made me believe those were the best years for racing. Still love the 67-73, though.

My experience is that I was a punk kid with lots of enthusiasm/motivation. I was raising sponsorship for the marketing end of the project for Sanderson Sales & Marketing (a company whose reputation is less than admirable. no comment). It turned into Unique asking me to negotiate discounts for their products. I turned it into designing the GT500E by improving upon the options and produts already on the car. I saw all of the politics, the successes, and the less than desirable results (again, no comment). Overall, I was a part of some cooool :: history that gave me a lot of experience.

Since that time, I started a family and have worked in real estate. But, my heart is in the Shelbys. You might not find a bigger fan of CS even in spite of what I have experienced.

I fully understand about how some of you don't like what WMW is doing with the project, and I know some of you do like it. (From original spec to full custom restomod). The truth is that we have helped bring a whole new generation of people into the hobby when they were only buying rice rockets like it was going out of style. (Which hopefully it did). I believe that not by my direct involvement, but rather by the whole project of Continuation cars has there been assistance in making the Mustang Reign King. There is a lot of interest now in the Mustang and the brand. I love these cars, and all I hear from Jon is that he is 'living the dream.' Jon has restored many cars personally and then more professionally. Love us or hate us, we are absolute Mustang fans. And I wanted to share that with you. I appreciate being part of your group and I hope you will enjoy talking with me.

Jesse
:chainsaw:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'll bite. I simply don't care who or what you are. I know why you came here originally and that is all that matters to me. You trolled and lost. A lot of people here have forgotten more about Mustangs and Shelbys than you may ever know.

Why is it when people show up unknown and immediately piss off a lot of people they then feel the need to write a book of their life to try an make us forgive them?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Jesse,

I think whatever you do is fine!!! I think everybody should have freedom expression through voice or maybe expression through building a car. I for one personally think if people do not like something that is fine. Do what makes you happy, that's how I live. Life is too short to worry about what others think of what you are doing...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that retorical? But seriously, how did I piss anyone off other than spread the news about a new project that none of you knew about and continue to not know anything about? All has seen is what I have written and further what they want to believe about what I have written. Why care? You don't have to. Am I asking for forgiveness? No. I didn't do anything to be ashamed of. Also, as posted this was a long rant for Steve Park as he wanted to hear about it. The fact you read it says more than you are saying now. But then again, I'm no head dr.

If you want nothing more than to continue the way you have without me, pretend Im not here. I have no problem with it.

Jesse :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Is that retorical? But seriously, how did I piss anyone off other than spread the news about a new project that none of you knew about and continue to not know anything about? All has seen is what I have written and further what they want to believe about what I have written. Why care? You don't have to. Am I asking for forgiveness? No. I didn't do anything to be ashamed of. Also, as posted this was a long rant for Steve Park as he wanted to hear about it. The fact you read it says more than you are saying now. But then again, I'm no head dr.

If you want nothing more than to continue to try and bring me down, feel free. I have no problem with it.

Jesse :biggrin:
If an individual expressed interest in your story then why not private message it to them? The answer is simple, you wanted everyone to see it.

Maybe saying that you pissed people off is incorrect. I am sorry. But I have very strong feelings about continuation cars and any other kind of new fangled money making scheme involving the use of Shelby's name, even with his permission, and those feelings are all negative.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anyone who saves a classic mustang from the junkyard or sitting in a drive, barn, or yard rotting away is alright in my book.

Reactions: Selftaught308

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jesse,

IMHO, I think it's a few days late to ask everyone to hold hands with you and sing kum-ba-yah.

Personally, I have no problem or opinion on your project (regardless of your level of involvement), whatever works for you.

I think the underlying issue is your shameless promotion of said project from day one.

I visit this forum daily to gain knowledge regarding classic Mustangs, and give what I can, which is not much. As my father told me when I was in second grade, even the dumbest kid in the class can sit still and be quiet.

So that being said, if your goal was to raise the ire of the "best of the best" classic Mustang purists, congratulations!, I think you have succeeded. If your goal is to "fit it" and be a respected member of this forum, I think you need to change your approach. That clunking noise you just heard was me getting down from my soapbox.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
need a paypal account, but way ahead of you. Though I feel my intentions were pure, I wanted to do the honorable thing. I will be figuring it out, though. So I agree and thanks.
Jesse

·
Registered
311 Posts
i still don't understand you. your very annoying. was it ever figured out if you even work for the company you were "advertising" for? you need to:

1. get things straight in your wierd head. by this i mean, go ahead and be wierd and strange and loopy and promote cars for companies you do/don't/might work for and things like that, but do it in the privacy of your own home so we don't have to deal with your wierdness. VMF is very unpretentious. we don't care about sales or marketing or PR or any other wierd bogus stuff you obviously think is incredibly important. we care about things like, "will these headers fit my 351" or "why won't my battery charge?" and simple things like that. KEEP YOUR LOOPINESS TO YOURSELF PLEASE!

2. if you can do that, get a yahoo account (it's free to get as many as you want) then, get a new VMF account. any time a lotta people see you on here their first thought is gonna be "wierdo alert!". unless you want that kinda attention, start over fresh.

3. This is the final and most important step:

DON'T DO ANYTHING I'VE SUGGESTED!

I only added this final step because i know it's the only one you'll be able to follow. see, if wierd people (you) could listen to normal people regarding sensible steps like the ones i have listed, than you wouldn't be wierd by definition. but you are, so you won't listen. so this whole post is a complete waste of time.
god why do i even try?
boredom. that's why.
i reallllllly need to getta job and stop wasting so much time on the computer.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Jesse,

It seems to me that if you follow this board at all we really don't need your life story. Why not simply fill out your Bio, heck you could even be truthful if you want. Those of us who have nothing to hide are.

Personally I have no problem with you being on this board. What I do have a problem with is your constantly stiring up &*&%. If you want to be invovled with contiuation cars Kewl thats certainly your right to do so.

But why do you want to keep shoving it down everyones throat here. If someone wants one of VMW cars by now they certainly know who to contact. I'm VERY surprised Bob has let you keep up this obivious advirtizing of this product. I suspect it won't go on much longer but its not my decison.

I think you should really consider purchasing:= (spending money for) your publicity.

I'm in a business that also it doesn't really matter what there saying about you its just that there saying something so I'm famiular with how that works especially with a start up.

I wish you the best, again if you want to be here I welcome you, perhaps we can teach you something, heck maybe we can learn something from you.

After all thats what this board is all about I think

Mark

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The truth is that we have helped bring a whole new generation of people into the hobby when they were only buying rice rockets like it was going out of style. (Which hopefully it did). I believe that not by my direct involvement, but rather by the whole project of Continuation cars has there been assistance in making the Mustang Reign King.
Ok, I missed the first couple posts (I don't usually read much off-topic stuff and am pretty good at spotting it right away to skip it). I have no problem with whatever you do with whatever cars, but that quote right there just struck me as very wierd, very egotistical, and VERY incorrect.

I've been in this hobby for 20+ years, and never heard of you or WMW (had to go look at your previous posts to even figure out what that meant *LOL*). If you were the producer of Gone in 60 Seconds, I might agree. I doubt seriously, though, that expensive continuation cars have done much of anything to keep youngsters insterested in vintage American cars.

Personally, I lost all respect for Shelby when he started sueing people over the use of the Shebly Cobra name, then started illegally producing cars under the Eleanor name. Basicaly, he was doing what he was suing everyone else for doing. I like original Shelby's for their place in history, but it's time to let the name die the same death his dignity has.

·
Registered
311 Posts
oh wow, i just noticed the title of this thread starts and ends with ass cheeks "mooning" us.

that's the dorkiest/wierdest thing ever.

is there an "ignore" feature on this site????

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Glad to hear you have a passion for the Shelby Cobras. Why is this post here, then?

I am obviously missing something, like the entire story / history of what you're trying to justify / explain. A link to the past might be beneficial, for us all to know what you are talking about. Right now, I believe this entire thread may be removed all together, or moved to the General Discussion Board....

P.S. GT500E? No thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts