Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been nursing a sore shoulder for the last 8 weeks, and finally couldn't take it anymore. I went to the doctor and they did an MRI on it and I had a torn rotater cuff. I went in yesterday and had it fixed, but man there is no pain like what I am going through right now!!!! |Living on percosets. can't stand up and let it hang, can't move it and can't lay down. It just hurts all the time. but it should get better with time now the last one I had done was the same way for about three weeks before it eased up and let me move.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I had the same surgery 4 months ago(torn rotator cuff).
After the surgery the pain is unbelievable for the first two days, after that it get better very fast.

Wait until you start rehab that is really were you are going to feel the pain.

Just take it slow and you will not have a problem.

I have been 100% healed for the last two months, I would never know I had a problem except for the scar on my shoulder.

Good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got knocked off a ladder and fell 15 feet and landed on the back of my right shoulder. snapped my collar bone and messed up my upper arm and shoulder. it was the same it just hurt like heck but I found that if I put a pillow under my arm to help keep the pressure off the shoulder It felt lots better and I could sleep an hr or so at the time. hope it helps and you get better soon.

Rick

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yikes....you got me scared... I go in Sept 2nd to schedule my surgery.. I don't have a tear but something called impingement tendinitis.

Did they have to cut you open or did they do the orthoscopic job?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had the same thing done a couple of years ago. Hurt like hell the first week. But within 3 months with rehab it was better than new. And it still is. My shoulder used to click when I moved it. Doc said he took out a bone spur while he was in there. Now it moves as smooth as my silk.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rehab will be worse than yours was, because swmbo is the therapist!!! I relly think she likes to hurt me !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts