Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a public thank you to the Epperstang clan for the super fun, very memorable time at the Intermountain Mustang and All Fords Stampede at Heber City Utah. :: :: Despite being extremely busy putting the show on, Joyce, her husband and family went out of their way to incorporate me into helping with the show. This was was a real blast for me!! Because I was at the show by myself, I really appreciated having things to do. They were really nice about answering my "20 questions" all the time and Joyce helped track down my "relocated" scrapbook, T-shirt and asst. catalogs...

I met Joyce at the slow drags on Friday evening and my daughter and I got a ride in "Pinky" while Joyce steered it backwards through the run in the slow drags. :: You had to be there to see the fun, but my 14 yr old daughter thought Joyce was one heck of a cool person!! :: (I did too, you know, first impressions, hehe!)

My initial problem, though, was getting to the show on Sat. as the family was using our vehicle to go somewhere else that day, so Joyce offered to let me help shuttle one of her mustangs from the hotel to the show 2 miles away...in exchange for helping at the show! I readily agreed to that proposition! :: After an exciting trip in the Bullit, I helped direct parking in the yellow section most of the morning and helped judge early stangs in the afternoon.

There were very close to 200 cars there, almost all of them were mustangs. I died and went to mustang heaven!!!! :) :)Unfortunately the day ended too soon with me shuttling another epperstang stang back to the motel, which, BTW, was full of stangs!! ::

I also had the chance to visit with 'tschmidt' and admire his beautiful Saleen, but he wouldn't let me take it home for some reason....hmmm.

All in all, a very great day at the IMAFS show. The Epperson's did a magnificant job of putting a first rate show togather there. And it sounds like the show is growing every year too. I hope they need some help there next year as it was time well spent participating and learning about shows and judging and more!

Epperstang,,,Thanks again for the great time at Heber City!! :: :: ::

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Dan, you were a lot of fun to have at the show. Your enthusiasm for the cars is refreshing!
You even made the thunder storm and rain seem not so bad.

I appreciate that you were willing to help shuttle our Bullitt and KAOS. Too darned many cars, too few drivers!

Things were a little nutty at the SLOW DRAGS, but that's what it's all about. As my one good friend says "PLAY FULL OUT!" It was fun having you and your daughter ride with me in PINKIE.
Just tell these stoggy VMFers PINK is Cool!

If you are serious about wanting to WORK the show next year, we will definitely take you up on it!

Glad you had a good time.
J.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately count me in to help next year! :D

Yes, PINKY is definately cool! :: Daughter and I really liked the stuffed pink horsey that ninnies when you swat it on the rump! :: :eek: ::

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Glad to see you again Dan! It was great that you helped out with parking, etc. for the show. Good way to get a free T-shirt too!

Maybe next year you can drive my Saleen a bit! ::

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
What!!???

If I'd have known there was an opportunity to shuttle KAOS, I'd have found a way to come down ::

It sounds like you had a great show. Congrats!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts