Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a compressor condensor equipment and in-dash unit can you please tell me what brackets and pullies i need for a 1964 1/2 mustang with generator.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
We need some more info here. Is this an original style a/c setup with the underdash blower unit, an aftermarket kit, or from a later model car?

If original, you're gonna need the compressor mount, idler pulley/bracket and the 2 groove water pump and crank pulleys (3 groove if you have power steering). I think that's all the brackets. You might try to find a picture or go to some shows and look at the actual setup on a car there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If you have P/S with an Eaton pump, you will have a devil of a time finding the correct compressor/ PS pump bracket. Classic Auto Air might be able to help you out with things like driers, hoses, rebuilding questionable parts, etc.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That's the one, although with a remote resevoir, it might be a little easier to do. The bracket I saw for this app was about 18" long, and bolted to the head and water pump, and the PS pump mounted to the end of the bracket next to the firewall, with the compressor mounting on top of the bracket. What parts do you have for the AC?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
If you have the remote resevoir, you have the right set-up. Check w/ Classic Air for the bracket. Al should have it. Most 64 1/2 pulleys are the open, cast iron style, not the solid steel ones. Al should have these, also, but they usually are more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts