Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought and redone an original A/C console for my '66 coupe. I have the 6 screws that mount the plastic base. I need the 2 screws for the end cap and 1 for the shifter plate. I bought a pack of #8 3/8" screws and currently using one for the shifter plate. Different head but works. I have no idea what kind of screw and size for the end cap. I have hunted on NPD's site and their catalog and my eyes are just not seeing the hardware for it on either.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
On the NPD site search for item 04567. Mounting Kit, Trim Plate. It has the screws for the trim Plate to console. I don’t see the screws for the end cap listed or in the assembly manual, but from pictures the look just like the rest of the console screws.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
For some reason, The end cap screws and the screws for the end courtesy light I found seem to rust up faster than any of the rest of the screws. I've just known this from all the console cars that I've ever dealt with.. I went to Ace Hardware and matched up the same screws in Stainless Steel... Problem solved...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to Ace Hardware and matched up the same screws in Stainless Steel... Problem solved...
I don't have a problem with this, any idea what size they are?

How close to the A/C should the console be before I drill the holes for the screws?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts