Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yea but yesterday when I stabbed the transmission, I decided to pull the plug to check the oil level and it was so far down my pinky couldn't feel oil. That stopped me in my tracks. Gotta figure out where the oil is going now. Sigh, I'm never gonna get to drive this summer...

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I finally goto to drive the Mustang yesterday for the first time this year. it continued to be a battle, I found the trans empty of oil, so I replace the rear seal, resealed the speedo plug. Whilst installing the trans and tightening the trans mount I watched the mount rip apart where I realized, I still had the jack under the trans --- sooooo the crossmember had to come back out and a new mount go back in. This car fought me tooth and nail through the entire process! But finally it is running well and I got to go on a nice drive. It seems to be quite happy although I think I still have a bubble in the hydralic brake I need to deal with. This has been one thread I will be glad to put behind me. I sincerely hope this is my last post on this thread.

·
Registered
20,925 Posts
You know a C4 could solve a lot of issues. Just saying. And I was complaining when I had to unbolt a header to get my bellhousing out.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You know a C4 could solve a lot of issues. Just saying. And I was complaining when I had to unbolt a header to get my bellhousing out.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Use a magnet (rare earth button) to hold the nut through the carpet.
I found it on the driveway, it must have bounced through the open clutch master hole and landed on something where it fell of when I backed out. I cannot believe I actually found it!

·
Registered
10,832 Posts
Well, I finally found the issue, turns out the pivot for the clutch arm I fabricated broke. Seems I tacked it in place and forgot to go back and weld it together. Unfortunately the transmission had to come out but at least I was able to get to it without removing the scatter shield.

View attachment 760105
Sooo? how much grinder and paint did you have to use ? :p

21 - 27 of 27 Posts