Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The signature field has been changed to allow up to 250 characters. There is nothing I can do right now about the limited bio field, but an update to the software is due soon, so we'll see if that changes anything on that.

Also, the post order is now the same as the old one. Meaning the most recently changed threads don't pop to the top. Hope you continue to enjoy!

-bob

G

·
0 Posts
Hey, Bob. How about changing your name to CyberBob like in the movie? :)

Raven Black 66 Fastback GT, 289 A Code, PS, C-4, AC
Pony w/Rally-Pack, TTD's
Cool Huh?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Thanks Bob

John

66 coupe 289 2v C4 needs restore
70 coupe 351W 2v c4 almost done (?)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was wondering why I couldn't find my post just now..I looked for it to be on top, but now I can't find it...hehe

Oh well, now we will know where our post is, since it will be in date order..

Thanks again Bob!!

P.S.- I got my project turned in at 2345, only 14 minutes before the deadline, nothing like procrastinating!!

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thank you thank you. I really was worried about the "pop to the top" thing. I, for one, am now 98% delighted with this new format! Give me time, I'll be up to 100% soon!

DanM

66 Coupe, check her out at [url]www.66CoupeNW.stangnet.com[/url]

G

·
0 Posts
I thought that was a great feature... you don't have to hunt for your post to see if you got a reply... Please reconsider!

G

·
0 Posts
How about an option for view preferences..... ?! That would serve all our needs.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
Way to go Bob!!!!

Now you have a winner :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Registered
676 Posts
It is difficult to find your post once it has moved and been buried by a bunch of new or replied to posts. We also like it because old questions get asked again and again, so learning on here is improved.

Give it a try....you'll grow to love it!

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

G

·
0 Posts
the format is looking good now. the move-to-top feature was just too confusing and you end up looking at the same stuff over and over.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

<a href="http://www.carteret.com/caspian65">Check out my fastback here!</a>

G

·
0 Posts
I still prefer it!

Thanx for the added space for signatures, now the pressure is on to think of something witty to say. Gee I have been here for a year and I still can't come up with something!

TJ
66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

G

·
0 Posts
then there ought to be an easier way to check your post cause I don't remember when each of them are without have to sort through pages and pages to find them... Come on ... somebody come up with something... I think a viewers option would be terrific and I hope my opinion will count a little.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Let's try the poll feature -
Polls can only be set up by administrators & moderators though..............

Oh yeah - don't let Midlife be in charge of counting the votes this time though!!!!!!

1965 Restomod Shelby Clone
http://www.hometown.aol.com/gt350clone

·
Registered
676 Posts
Have you tried using the 'email all replies to my real email address feature', the one you can check when you post a message?

Just a thought.......

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

·
Registered
487 Posts
Personally, I liked that format.....Didn't seem like it was given a fair chance.....One of the things that I found very cumbersome about the old format was the fact that old posts just basically disappeared. If you want to go back an d view any possible responses to a question, it became a real difficult issue.

How many times has a person posted a question and wondered why they got no response? That could very well be the reason..

Hmmmm, Guess I am a little "strange" so the stranger thing might well fit...

G

·
0 Posts
Click on your (or anybody's) name in the Poster column to display the profile; there's a link at the bottom to show all posts for that user.

That will display all of your posts, most recent on top, and you can easily locate a post you made a few days ago.

The FAQs, nothing but the FAQs: http://www.geocities.com/a65ragtop/VM_FAQ

G

·
0 Posts
That takes all the fun out of replays and volleying replys... (cause you still have to find it if you want it to continue like this one did.... A few more posts and this post will be buried...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
No pop to the top, Just my vote:)

73 351C C6 3.25 T-lock
Mustangs are great,
But nothing is Greater than GOD.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
The best part of the new software is gone. Now the post count goes through the roof (AGAIN).

I think it just needed some time for people to settle down and grow into it a bit. But it is your house Bob.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts