Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the dual chrome rolled exhaust tips for a 68/69 Mustang (Mach 1/GT) in NPD acceptable as far as concourse requirements go? Or do I need to find NOS? And, are the felt spare tire pads (that lay on top of the styled steel wheel) also ok for concourse cars? THANKS

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
GoldGlow72 said:
Are the dual chrome rolled exhaust tips for a 68/69 Mustang (Mach 1/GT) in NPD acceptable as far as concourse requirements go? Or do I need to find NOS?
Depends on three things. What class your planning on entering (Concours would allow reproduction parts), What engine your car has (some were welded to the exhaust pipe some were clamped on), and how close they are to looking like the originals

GoldGlow72 said:
And, are the felt spare tire pads (that lay on top of the styled steel wheel) also ok for concourse cars? THANKS
The felt cover (as long as your entering Concours) would likely be OK

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my car is currently not a trailer queen; I do drive it every now and then, but it is 95% original. I just want to make sure what I put on there isn't cheap repro crap that will haunt me later on. My 69 Mach has the 390 4v with 4spd. tranny. So will those NPD tips work? And, the spare tire pad is not denoted as "concourse approved" so would that work as well?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
From what I have seen there are no longer any "MCA approved" items for concours use.

Caveat emptor, and then you are at the mercy of the judge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts