Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thanks to Ken Rubin from "Metal Alloy Products" for the great products he sells (wiring harnesses) for early mustangs (All types). I believe he only sell his line through NPD and Mustangs Unlimited. Not only does he sell a great product but he also backs it up. I ran into some problems do to my 66 GT being made very early in the assembly year. I got Ken’s number from NPD and he worked me through the problems until everything worked properly. Some of these problems were caused by me and he still hung around until the bugs were worked out. Thanks Ken!!!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Great news, we need more of these types of post, not all vendor's are bad, most will work with you and many will go out of there way like this one did.

Mark

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,336 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Given that a major freshening of the engine bay in my stock and unmolested '66 GT vert is eminent, I would be very interested to hear what kind of problems you might have had. Particularly because my car's build date was September 15, 1965...also a very early car. Do tell.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The underdash harness is the problem. The early 66 harnesses have a seperate wire bundle for the emergency flashers, that is why the early 66 emergency switches include the wires permently connected to the switch Vs the plug-in type that is the replacemment. The new harness includes the emergency flasher harness which is good. Also the tail light harness is a bit different between early 66 and later. I changed both harnesses so everything matched.

I think you can tell if you have an early harness by the fuse panel. My cig lighter fuse is 14 amps...the late 66's have a 20 amp.

The ignition switch plug which connects to the back iof the ignition switch is a real pain in the ass to connect.

If you need any other info send me a e-mail or private message I will be glad to share knowledge.

Oh... one other thing the ground going to the Constant voltage reg was a male bullet on the new harness, mine had a female slot type connector.

rich

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can second your praise for Ken Rubin. That guy is outstanding. I have been dealing with Ken four about five years, now. He will talk to you anytime you have a problem or need something made. He is working with me now on a special project. I can't say enough good about him and his products are truly the best in the wiring business.
jazzbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts