Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we're going to build a 65 or 66 Mustang this week!!!!!

1) You have your choice of bodystyles - Coupe, Convertible or Fastback (2+2) - What's your choice???

2) What color(s) do you want it painted???

3) After purchase, bodywork, and paint, Uncle Vinnie gives you a $10,000 birthday present for engine, drivetrain, and other mods. How are you spending it??? What engine? What transmission? Wheel style/size? Suspension mods? Interior mods? Sound system? etc....

HAVE FUN! ::

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
#1 Vert
#2 red
#3 TCP suspension, `03 Mach wheels, 289, C4, and somebody else to finish all the work :p

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
1) Fastback. I love 'em, and I can drive in the cold and rain (should I so choose).

2) What's the original color? :: Assuming I'm not worried about that, it'd have to be an original color. Probably Nightmist Blue, or Dark Ivy

3) Freshened K-code and a bulletproof C6.

Actually, knowing me, if I deviated at all from stock I'd build a GT350 clone.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) Let's build a CONVERTIBLE! ::

2) White (not cream), with Grey stripes.

3) We're gonna find a wrecked Fox-body - swap the 5.0 w/EFI, and the T5 5-speed. Keep the 8" rear. Add 4 wheel discs. Suspension mostly stock-Shelby drop, 1" sway, E-brock shocks. New Mach I Magnums 17x8. Basic black interior with GOOD seats. No stereo, nice exhaust :p !!!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Uh,
1). Fastback
2). Blue
3). 351/408 Stroker Motor, TKO, 9" Locker

Oh yeah and a 8pt cage to hold it all together and enough rubber to hook it up ::

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Great, another reason not to work!

Anyway: Baby blue (robin egg blue?) vert with black int. and a white roof.

Modern suspention, fuel injected 302 with the possiblility of a small supersharger, tremec T-5, and 3:55 out back. A nice throughty (sp?) exhaust but not loud.

Wheels. Not sure if I would go with the classy look of the original spoke hubcaps or a full polish torque thrust.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1) Convertible

2) Silver Frost w/black trim.
3) What engine? Holman/Moody preped 289
What transmission? 5 sp.
Suspension mods? 4 wheel disc brakes.
Interior mods? Pony int. w/console.
Sound system? AM/FM...
15" S/S wheels with BFG. 235's.
I know use some imagination...but its what I like!

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
  1. '66 GT 'vert w/Styled Steel Wheels
  2. What ever color my loving wife want's her 'vert to be ;)
  3. 5.0 SEFI with AOD, TCP front end w/Power R&P, lots more, but 10K does not begin to cover it :( I guess I'll have to fund it myself...
$10,000.00 used to be a lot of money. These resto-mods sure are good at sucking the green stuff up though ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
1) 65-66 FB

2) not sure

3) 302 EFI, AOD, good decent sound system w\2 10s in the back, JL W0s, components up in the front, a 7.5" lcd flat monitor i could hook it up w\an Xbox :) comfy new seats, like from a new mustang or something. 9" rear end, TTD's all around, 14x6 front, 17s rear. nice exhaust 2or3 chamber.. that was my plan lol..well...but the fancy audio and the fancy video stuff lol. maybe i can do it later on :: oh yea...PS that doesnt leak....and 4 wheel disc brakes would be pretty kosher ::

·
Registered
625 Posts
My convertible, finished
200 I-6 stock, C4 trans, 13" wheels with stock covers.
I could use the money to restore to concourse. (You find more and more resto mods or V8's at shows. I still want mine to be different.)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
10 years ago, it was a Tahoe Turquoise '66 GT fastback with aqua/white pony interior and Styled Steel wheels. ;)

Today it would still have to be a fastback. I've been kicking myself for years for selling my Tropical Turquoise fastback (I'm a sucker for those retro pastels!), so maybe another in that color... Or perhaps I'd keep my Tahoe paint. In either case, I'd want tan late-model leather buckets and a matching tan interior. A late-model EFI and TT rims. Can I do all that for 10 grand? ::

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
65 fastback, R clone, wimbledon white (almond) w/ blue lemans stripes.

Powerplant: supercharged 32valve 4.6l Cobra engine w/ 6 speed...oh and air conditioning. ::

·
Registered
764 Posts
I know this doesn't exactly fit the critera. But, how about a '67 Coupe, raspy 289, dual 4vs, toploader, serious gears with T-Lock, vintage T-thrusts, and a little help from Bud Moore? I also kinda like red and silver, with the name Dan Gurney in script. Can we add hidden headlights and sequential turn signals too? OK, I guess I blew the budget ;)

http://www.tamos.net/~jimk/TA-Cougb.jpg

·
Registered
286 Posts
How about a restomod convert?
Triple black
Late model 5.0 5 speed.
I could see myself cruizing the hood in something like that on a hot summer night.

·
Registered
395 Posts
1. Fastback

2. Deep copper with blacked out cowl hood.

3. I would spend $10,000 on just TCP gear alone =(

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Kent -

My thoughts exactly! While $10K is a butt-load of $$$, it doesn't cover the really nifty parts I drool over. However, that said, my next Mustang will be (and I've been dreaming of it too!):

a '66 vert, midnight blue or dark green

slightly warmed over 302 w/AC, pwr steering, door locks, windows, C4 automatic, 8" rear, granada discs up front, Autosound stereo, styled steel wheels.

I'd give it to SWMBO, but she doesn't really want one (it messes up the hair!), so it'll probably go to my daughter, who is vert crazy!

And I think I could it for around $10K, as long as the vert is free and not too rusty (i.e. - no cowl or floor pans to replace).

·
Registered
858 Posts
ahhh bloody hell....i cant leave out the posi now can i? ;)

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
1.) Coupe

2.) It's gonna be a 2 tone and here's how we do it. Lower "half" of the body is a Titanium silver, from the top body line up it's Midnight Black. Hood is '67 Shelby style. Sides are shaved with modern side mirrors. No front bumper style racing valence molded in. Rear valence modified for center exhaust. Stock decklid, etc. with Shelby tail light conversion. Glass rear bumper painted body color.

3.) Sheez, $10k... well atleast all the paint and body is done. From there we Mustang II it since that's the biggest bang for the buck. I break into Kent's garage and I have the drivetrain (or hire a pro to pull it off for $2k). Interior is the usual Autometer fare, Corbeau seats in the front and no rear seat (fold down coversion but instead modify a Shelby "shelf" to hold a spare. Of course for Wheels and Tires we are going with 17's by Chip Foose, specifically the Thrustars however if that is too much for the budget we can fall back on some Boyd Coddington Rallyes 17" front and 18" rear. Is there money left for Baer on all 4?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts