Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good Mustang day today. The pony has had its hoofs off the ground for a few weeks. I was trying to find a replacement axle and needed to change out the rear brake lines.

I got an axle from a friend on Monday and put that in today.

I replaced the rear lines (two prebent from VA Classic Mustang- fit well, and one section fabricated), but had to fabricate a couple brackets (I moved the soft line farther away from the exhaust).

I've taken three days off for my birthday so there will be more Mustang time tomorrow and Friday, too.

Tomorrow I'll pull her out, test the brakes (I bled them), and pressure wash the wheel wells because I drove through some mud/sand. I'll also get some grease/grime off the underside.
It would have been nice to have a lift today.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That's cool Paul, I took mine out this past weekend as well for the first time in two months for similiar reasons. Nice day for it.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Congrat's Paul, on your B-day and axle.If the weather there is anything close to down here , you should have a great weekend. ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was tough. I had to keep myself from the "while I'm at it"(s). I could have pulled the whole rear housing for repaint, but then while I was at it, I'd rebuild the rear brakes, etc, etc.
:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts