Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys bugging me to buy his 2/3 complete 302, 66 Cobra kit, from some company called Streetbeast. Needs body painted and the installed and some other stuf that doesn't sound all that complicated to do. Need wheels and tires.

Nasty divorce-guy wants $15k for it. I figure paint, wheels and tires and all, about $5000 to finish.

Should I, would you?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Maybe.
The kit cost $1599 http://www.streetbeasts.com/ Nice web page but how long will the company be in business?
Then you add the drivetrain, wheels, tires, etc.
I'm always cautious with statements like 2/3 complete. Frequently you see statements like 95% complete that means only finishing details remain. It's been my experience that this "5%" takes about 50% of the time and 25 % of the budget.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was a 427 car, I might jump all over it, but from what I have heard, those are damn near impossible to drive. It might be fun to finish and sell-but they are getting to be "dime a dozen" just about.

Just wondered if anyone had ever had experience with Streetbeast?

J. Boggs

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have seen a lot of ads for the street beast kit cars, but, that is all I know about them. They have been around for quite awhile. They use to advertise in the Mustang trader magazine...hope this helps.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Try the cobra forums out. They aren't shy about telling you which kits to avoid. From what I've seen on there the Streat Beast isn't a very popular kit. It has a lower price but I guess you also get lower quality and service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts