Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask everyone to please limit the size of their sig pics. I see no reason that a sig pic should be larger than 40K, but certainly they should all be less than 100K.

We still have a lot of modem users who like to see the images but get punished on the really large ones. So, to be fair to them before they shutoff the image option in their preferences, let's see if we can't downsize some of our pics to make things easier.

If you don't have the software/knowhow to optimize your images, just ask in the forum and someone will most likely fix it for you and send it to you.

I really appreciate your diligence on this. Thanks!

-bob

·
4,143 Posts
Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Thank you Bob Oh and did I say thanks? :: fd

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Convert from .bmp to .jpg and then downsize using the Image -> stretch/skew tools in mspaint and check the properties of your image until you reach 40k.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Hey Bob as you know my puter knowledge is none, just wondered if I fit in guidelines or not. Let me know and if need be I will get someone to change.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Bob,
I think a brief refresher on how to tell the size of your pix for those of us who are computer ninnies, might be in order. ::

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's fine of course! At least I hope I don't hear complaints about text lengths!

-bob

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Mark, if you're using a Windows box, you can right-click on an image and hit "Properties"

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I turned sigs off awhile ago... much nicer. InfoPop does not have the box during posting that you can check on and off to include your signature or not, it's a nice feature on other sites because then you don't have to see the same big picture after every post or reply in a thread.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry, I was one of the offenders. Took it from 89.1k to 33.9k

·
Registered
782 Posts
I host from cardomain and it seems that no matter what I do It stays the same size. What can I do to make it smaller?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're fine - it's optimized well already and is only 15K...

Thanks!

-bob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts