Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought the Edelbrock RPM performer package, including the cam. The cam has been on back order now for three weeks. When I tried to nail JEG'S down to a delivery date they said "maybe 2 weeks, maybe 4 weeks" due to a lifter shortage in the US! So I thought BS, that cant be real, and called Summit and got about the same 4 weeks or so answer "because of a lifter shortage". I tried PAW and they said not until DECEMBER "because of a lifter shortage"!!!!

When I started asking about a replacement, I was told by PAW that this is not effecting just Edelbrock but it is effecting the whole market!

What gives????????

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
it is during the summer months that people do their engine rebuilding........

And the market for classic cars is picking up.....so as the demand rises.....supplies dwindle....

this is the reason for the short supply

be patient...you should get your parts within two weeks or so....

this is what it took for me to get lifters for a 302 im rebuilding.

regards

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the hydraulics as far as I know (that is what is effecting me). After some more questioning, I have found that there were only three major lifter manufcatures in the U.S. and one of these has gone out of business thereby creating the shortage.

Any of you guys thinking of going into the lifter business?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i have 16 HT900 lifters, and some 732-16 (i think?) Comp Cams lifters if you want em. i posted an ad in the classifieds....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, ang67must! If I dont see mine in the couple of weeks I think I will go to plan be - Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 268 or 274. I will see if you still have your lifters.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I've always thought the performer cam specs were a bit lame anyway...like they were trying to take it easy on things to avoid getting a bad name for valvetrain damage.

I like crane and comp

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm still waiting on my lifters, too! It's been atleast a month now. I ordered mine from summit, there comp cam's solids. I hope they get here soon, theyre the last thing I need before I can build the engine. Good luck to all those who are lifter-less.
Max Kern

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have sixteen brand new Edelbrock lifters in my garage...I better get to Ebbbayyy quick...maybe I can get a couple hundred bucks for them if I mention the lifter shortage!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Someone went out of business that manufactures lifters - there is a shortage of flat tappet cam Hydraulic lifters right now.
The best I can tell is that there is about 160 - 180 day backorder on the Edelbrock camshaft kits (due to the lifter shortage)
I wanted an Edelbrock Performer Cam package about a month ago, but because of the backorder situation, I ended up getting a Ford Motorsports cam with the same grind and some House Brand lifters from PAW.
It took about two weeks to get the lifters.
Since there are only a couple of places that make the lifters, I am thinking they are all pretty much the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts