Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for some custom cutting and forming? I have a new GT valance, but I need the openings enlarged and rolled (or better, expanded with the same formed edge) to clear bigger duals. I'd rather have this done by an expert, with the valance loose, than leave it to the body shop, which can't do much more than make a clean cutout.

Any good custom or lowrider shops you'd recommend?

(I'm plumbing in a 2.5 inch exhaust and didn't want to restrict it on the end with stock GT tips, so I'm using some Hedman equivalents that have the same look but are almost twice as large - 2.5 inch in, dual 3 inch out. I want it to have the same look and tuck neatly into the valance so that the change is not particularly noticeable.)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a shop (after two tries) that can handle it at a reasonable price - Roseville Rod & Custom. He's going to enlarge the openings and do his best job of re-forming the "V" beaded edge, in two hours or so. A little more expensive than I'd planned, but it's worth the extra to get a stock-looking finish on the edge rather than a simple roll or flare.

Pics when it's done, natch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts