Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call today from a friend. He was out looking at a car, and the guy asks him if he knows anyone who is "into" Fords. He has a 351C 4V for sale, complete with a 4-speed...for $500.00. So, I went to see it tonight. It's a "D2" block, and has the "4" on the heads, so it's definitely a 4V. Anyhow, it's complete right up to the air cleaner, brackets, mounts, and 4-spd trans. But.......it's been sitting on a dirt floor (dry), but still dirt for 15+ years. It still turns, but will surely need re-done. It does not have the shifter, or linkage for the trans. Is $500.00 a fair price? I'm thinking it is....some help please....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, id say thats a good price!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a gamble but probably a good one. If all the numbers are right and when you open it up you don't find cracks you've done very well. It's the second part that's the gamble.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,856 Posts
I witnessed the transaction of a very similar 4 speed tranny recently. Just the transmission for $400, the guarantee being a handshake and a "I'm pretty sure it's good". Buyer was quite happy.
They quit making 351C's a long time ago, it's not like they're lying around every junkyard-ditto the 4 speed. If you're at all interested in owning a 351C, I doubt if you'll ever find a better deal. I don't care that much about Clevelands myself, but would have bought it on the spot.

G

·
0 Posts
Ditto on the good deal. Around here the tranny's worth the $500.I would snap it up if it was me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts