Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm following the flatbed to the stripping shop, which is as far from my house as you can get and still be in the same county, and I stick Warren Zevon in the slot, and so...

Here's the images:
http://www.nitrosyncretic.com/misc/offtostrip.jpg http://www.nitrosyncretic.com/misc/offtostrip2.jpg

And here's the lyrics:

"My baby is a basket case..." and "I've spent a lot of time in the wind and rain / I look a little older, but I feel no pain..."

:( :p ::

Two weeks or so, and we'll be ridey-riding to the paint shop.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh.

What drives me crazy is that my paint looks pretty darn good in all these pictures... trust me, it ain't. One okay paint job around 1974, one botched triple paint job around 1980, some later spot work and a lot of fading and peeling. I wish it was that easy...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Zevon's terrific. If you haven't checked out his last album "The Wind" (or the DVD) you should.

Do you have a set of shop wheels/tires? I'd hate to see those nice ones come back with overspray all over them! :eek: Dickson

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zevon's terrific. If you haven't checked out his last album "The Wind" (or the DVD) you should.
I have almost everything up to that, was holding off for no good reason. My best Zevon is in my head, from a one-man show in a tiny club about ten years ago.

Do you have a set of shop wheels/tires? I'd hate to see those nice ones come back with overspray all over them!
Arrgh, no. I kept the original 14's with crummy tires for a long time, and planned to mount them up for this phase of the work. But at some point I dumpstered one of them... and it turned out to be one of the good ones, meaning I have 3 good-ish ones and the ancient spare with a broken valve.

The 14's also won't fit over the new brakes without spacers, which I didn't have.

So I have to leave these on it. Both the stripping shop and the paint shop promised on their firstborns that they'd bag them for all work. If I end up having to have them bead-blasted after everything, it wouldn't be a bad thing, because they have about two years weathering on them. Probably get them blasted and coated if it comes to that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts