Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made it down to NPD and picked up a few parts!
Was a fun day. Woke up early, decided to miss school, due to timing convienience, but anyway

The GF and I drove to Ocala, about 45-1 hour away. Thats always a fun drive no matter what /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

We arrived and talked with the one of the front desk people for probably 30 minutes about parts and such. I asked about fenders for the 71 Mustang Mach1. And suprised at what he said! I knew they didnt have them yet, but they had prototypes in, for developement! He said in about a month or so they will have them in production, which made my day! As I figure I can drive around still, even though it looks kinda bad with a bent up fender
--- what'ya' do?

So in a month or so Ill call back and see whats going on in that department!

On my hood, im going to see if it is fixable before I go out looking for a new one... I guess if the cost to fix the hood is as much as a new one it would be smarter to get a new one right?

And the hardest part to find of all... the GRILL! I found a grill and its on its way! That really made my day, felt like a little kid at christmas when I found that part.

Now the crappy part of the day...

We arrive at my house to find 2 calls and 2 messages on the caller ID and answering machine...

Guess who?
yeah the insurance company...

That little bastard with a paint scuff, and a hair line crack you cant even hardly see is making a claim!

Of all things in the world that really got me fummed up!
The only thing I had going for me was we have the same agent... I called up my agent yada yada, and the claim office said they were going to fix his car, and I didnt have to worry about it... So thats a good thing right?

I just dont know... It just pisses me off.

Ive already been looking into new insurance company's and all this.

Since my accident didnt have the police called, nothing was ever on file and technically it never happend. Im not worried about anything from that end of it all...

I just dont know, I had to post and yap away forgive me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

No-one here at school would want to hear whats goin on since they all drive rice.

thanks for listening guys

~Wayde

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ack, the parts I picked up from NPD

were a new chrome front bumper (bright and shiny /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
a New front valance, and a screw kit for the bumper

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am curious. Why a chrome bumper for a Mach?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boss351 clone? ::shrug::

Honestly? I always liked it, think it looks very nice. And finding a nice urethyane bumper is pretty hard

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hope you are right about the fenders but, They told me the same story about a year ago, so I wouldn't hold my breath. But it will be really cool if it ever comes to pass.
JH

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well, now that is the God's honest. I have heard of people taking old chrome bumpers and painting them body color. That might work better in your case. If not, you are going to have to change a lot of your front end. Your hood and fender extensions are body color. They are chrome with the chrome bumper. Of course, you are going to be replacing part of them anyway.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually bossman /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Ive seen plenty of factory 71-73 with just the chrome bumper from *stock* and it looks find, ill send you a few links to my sources!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have fiberglass fenders on my Mach, really saved up alot of weight... Look good too, no one even notices til I point them out. IIRC the same place made a couple 'glass versions of the NASA hoods.

The insurance situation MIGHT be kinda a hairy situation... See, here at least (I'm shopping for a new policy now too, since I'm buying another car and/or motorcycle) in WV, all the insurance cos. search a common database when quoting you and can see any claims you or someone else made against your previous policy. Now, since there was no citation, you might be able to sweet talk your way outta it, but I had 2 old ones on my record that were blatantly my fault (minor rearending, and a speeding ticket) that are really killin' me (accident disappears at the end of the month, HELLO cheaper insurance.. Ticket goes bye bye in December)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hm.... I called up geico just to see, and my little situation didnt show up on their search... my old speeding ticket did( and yes ill admit to that one!)

so i dunno...

I cant not drive so whatever happens ill just have to deal with

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
GEICO!!!!!!
Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for coverage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts