Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working late last night at the office/shop and around midnight came some banging on the door. I look outside and there are two cop cars out there - a marked unit and an unmarked unit.

Actually is was kind of fun because one officer was Greg, the owner of the mustang I have in the shop and whose engine I have been fooling with. he brought his fellow officers over to check out the detailed engine. Kind of fun to have 3 uniformed officers in the shop treating me as a friend. Two of them have classic cars - one stang and one camero - that they either want me to work on or want to use my shop space to work on themselves.

These visits, although infrequent, have created a little problem for the massage parlor across the street, as the owner has complained to me that her business is down when the officers hang around the shop with their cars parked outside. haha.

If I do a good job getting Greg's car on the road, plus provide shop space for one or two others, I should be "golden" in this town in terms of avoiding close call type tickets (like rolling a stop sign or something). I am certainly learning a lot about the gangs in the area, the homeless people, and other assorted knuckleheads by listening to their conversation. Even learning about department politics.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
These visits, although infrequent, have created a little problem for the massage parlor across the street, as the owner has complained to me that her business is down when the officers hang around the shop with their cars parked outside. haha.
So they ARE working girls. I knew it!

Robert

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha. Robert I was talking to one of them yesterday (was helping them bring in a 40 lb back of onions - apparently they cook there), and was told there was an all employee meeting two weeks ago and the girls took a vote and concluded to no longer offer any "special" services. So, I guess you were right, but now they've cleaned up their act. I hope you still plan to visit my place from time to time anyway (hahaha).

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
the girls took a vote and concluded to no longer offer any "special" services
That doesn't make any sense. Why would they take such a huge pay cut?

Robert

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but Robert, is that you getting a ticket in your sig pic? Good image by the way.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
66benchcoupe said:
So they ARE working girls. I knew it!

Robert
Ken,

I thought you previously remarked they lacked the qualities a shallow man looks for?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Hmmm, what sort of qualities do 'shallow' men require?

Robert

·
Registered
382 Posts
this is possibly the coolest topic i've seen lol. not that it brings a lot of light to mustangs, but it's completely random and funny.

anyway, i have some good luck with cops, myself. i am an instructor at US Martial Arts Training Center here in town, and most of the cops either go to or have gone to us for training, whether it be for professional or health reasons. the cops know me so well that i go to the station and play ps2 with them pretty much whenever i want (fire dept. too) and they've even raced me in the cop cars while on patrol up and down main street lol.

gotta love social networking XD

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
66benchcoupe said:
Hmmm, what sort of qualities do 'shallow' men require?

Robert
1. Looks
2. A certain morally casual attitude.

Yours Truly,

Shallow Man

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It is amazing how many officers are car lovers. My son is both. I've been approached more than once both at rest and when driving (if when driving, usually I have deserved being approached!). As far as the massage parlor goes, if it has been there for more than a few weeks, you can be sure the police knew about it. There are lot's more important things happening than busting such a business....

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Ken -- Glenn Morgan here. Been awhile since we've chatted. I hope all is well.

I was browsing the forum and saw this thread and your name. I thought to myself...Uh Oh, another "unfortunate incident" for our buddy, Ken. I remember well that string of bad luck you seemed to be having a few years back. My favorite story was the time you ended up accidentally painting the neighbor's car.

Was relieved to see it was only some guy and his buddies checking on his engine.

Always good to stay on the right side of law enforcement.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glenn, as always good to hear from you. I've moved twice since the incident of clearcoating the neighbor's car! The shop space here is great and I am working on my first customer car. I am now a grandfather and have acquired more than a few strands of grey since our last communique. Someday soon I hope to have time to return to working on my 65FB. I hope all is well with you.

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts