Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My name is Johnny from the little Island of Ireland. I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and I’ve gotten to know a few guys but I thought I’d introduce myself to the rest of you. I’ve just bought a 67 FB in North Carolina, she needs new floor pans and cowl but otherwise is in very good shape. (thanks again Duane). It’s a 289 but going to go with a 390/ 4 spd. As for the rest of her, I am thinking E-car or GT500 replica...still 50/50 on it.

I’m am heading to the US and Canada tomorrow for a holiday. 2 days Chicago, 10 days in Canada, then 3 day in NY and a day in North Carolina to see my FB. If anyone knows any Mustang related places, sights, things to do, cars to see, etc etc etc in any of the above places I’d be happy to hear about them.

Great forum and I look forward to bugging you guys with my mustang questions once I get my FB over to this part of the world.

All the best,

Johnny
[email protected]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Where in NC?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
There you are. I wondered how long it would take you to introduce yourself. I'll PT you my cell and when you're a day or two out from NC, give me a call.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Statesville, NC

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
When in Chicago, I don't know if your schedule is full but a visit to the Volo auto museum, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours north of O'hare airport is a good place to stop to see a lot of American muscle cars. Plus, they have an original E-car from the movie on display, along with the one of of 1967 GT 500 convertible.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hey Johnny welcome to the VMF, I hope that you enjoy your visit to the States and Canada. Look forward to seeing some pics of you FB.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Johnny,

Dia duit and all that. ;)

Congrats on the purchase. Mustang ownership is a mixed blessing sometimes, but always a blessing.

Mark

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Welcome aboard. Congrats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy your visit.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Welcome to the VMF Johhny. Whichever direction you decide to go with your build, this site will be instrumental in providing valuable information.

Has Steve started on the car yet or does it still look like this?

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/davesanborn/Johnnys67FB024.jpg

When you're talking with Steve, stress the use of butt welds over lap welds. Butt welds are more "labor intensive" and will take longer, lap welds are much easier.

What's up with Duane getting the "mention" and not me? :(

Dave

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave,
haha, Don't worry you'll be getting a special mention once i get some the ball rolling.

I haven't given Steve the go ahead yet. I want to meet the car and him in person next week, then I will get it started. I don't want to rush anything, This car is going to be my pride and joy so i want to make everything is done 100% perfect right from the start.

Thanks for the tips about the welding.

Johnny

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mark,
Do you have a wee touch of Irish?

Johnny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts