Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents have a 2001 Windstar that was set up for my father who has become disabled and spends most of his time in a wheel chair. The 2nd row captians chairs have been sitting in their basement since the van was new. They are tan leather and in perfect condition. I was going to list them on ehay, but thought they would look great in the front of my 65 (currently Palomino interior). The seats are in NJ and I am in MI, so can't really take any measurements at this time.

Anyone know if they would fit?

·
Registered
692 Posts
My guess is no, but I could be wrong. In a minivan, you sit more upright. The distance from the seating surface to the floorboards is probably too much. High back seats in a Mustang usually have to come from sports cars, where the lower seat cushion is thinner. The Windstar seats might have a thin cushion mounted on a taller pedastal, so until you see them you really can't know for sure.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
You could get one of those sky light "bubbles" used on homes and cut your roof and install that, sitting that high up looking through your "turret".

Of course you'd also have to extend the steering column and pedals.

But yes the seats would work with those modifications no doubt.

:p

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now there is an idea I can run with! :: I might as well add that ejector seat I was thinking about, at the same time. Wouldn't that be cool if I was driving along and then the conversation takes a turn in a direction I didn't like, I could shoot myself out of the car, leaving the passenger to fend for them self? ::

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'd much rather eject the offending passenger and keep driving. I WOULD like a button on the dashboard that worked like the old "hyperspace" button on the old Asteroids game, except that I like to zap a driver on the road around me rather than move myself. I don't want to hurt the moron/slow poke in the left lane/bad driver, just simply move them elsewhere....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts