Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my narrowed Explorer rear end installed in my '65 I used a couple of Explorer wheels (15x7 with 4.5" backspace) and some 225/70R15 tires to determine that the Torq Thrust D 15x7 wheel with 3.75" backspace would fit without rubbing. So this past Monday evening I got on the internet and started searching for the best deal on 2 of those wheels. I found a whole bunch of them for sale at $122 each with free shipping. On Fleabay I found a listing for those wheels at $122 each, free shipping and guaranteed delivery on Friday, April 5. The ad was from cjppautomotive which is CJ Pony Parts' Ebay username so I ordered them and paid for them.
As of Thursday morning I had not received a tracking number so I called CJ's Customer Service phone line and got in queue. While on hold I searched for the thread on this forum where guys were complaining and Chris at CJ responded. I found the thread and sent him a PM. Within a few minutes he responded and said he would inquire as to the status of my order with the Ebay Sales Dept. In a while he responded that the wheels were shipping out that day but they obviously would not be here (Texas) on Friday and he offered a Gift Card. I told him that was not acceptable because I am attending a car show on Saturday and I had bought the wheels from them based upon their guaranteed delivery on Friday. So he changed the shipping status to UPS Next Day Air and I got my wheels today! Now that is Customer Service in anybody's book.
It is apparent to me that CJ knows they have an image problem and they are working on fixing it. So a shout-out to Chris and the gang at CJ!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Way to go CJP! Or Ways to go CJP! Either way, glad to hear. We need to have as many dealer choices as possible for our addiction.

·
Super Moderator
8,854 Posts
Nice to see positive feedback. :wink:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
While on hold I searched for the thread on this forum where guys were complaining and Chris at CJ responded. I found the thread and sent him a PM. Within a few minutes he responded and said he would inquire as to the status of my order with the Ebay Sales Dept. In a while he responded that the wheels were shipping out that day but they obviously would not be here (Texas) on Friday and he offered a Gift Card. I told him that was not acceptable because I am attending a car show on Saturday and I had bought the wheels from them based upon their guaranteed delivery on Friday. So he changed the shipping status to UPS Next Day Air and I got my wheels today! Now that is Customer Service in anybody's book.
While Chris may have solved your problem, I would argue that Customer Service would be you not needing to call them in the first place and CJPP actually shipping parts on time as promised. I have had nothing but problems with CJPP shipping on time. I was probably the person who started the thread you were talking about.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've ordered a LOT of stuff from CJ's in the last year. A bunch from NPD and odds and ends when I don't see it at either from the others, like Mustangs unlimited, dallas mustang, virigina classic mustang and MTF.

I have yet to have a bad experience. A couple of glitches with damaged items that were always resolved quickly and easily in my favour.

My calls to CJ's have always been easy. Am I just lucky? Doubtful..

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,835 Posts
I have order many parts from CJPP, Mustangs Unlimited, NPD & several others & have had good luck from all the vendors I have used.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
As of Thursday morning I had not received a tracking number so I called CJ's Customer Service phone line and got in queue. While on hold I searched for the thread on this forum where guys were complaining and Chris at CJ responded. I found the thread and sent him a PM. Within a few minutes he responded and said he would inquire as to the status of my order with the Ebay Sales Dept. In a while he responded that the wheels were shipping out that day but they obviously would not be here (Texas) on Friday and he offered a Gift Card. I told him that was not acceptable because I am attending a car show on Saturday and I had bought the wheels from them based upon their guaranteed delivery on Friday. So he changed the shipping status to UPS Next Day Air and I got my wheels today!
That's more a subtle threat getting customer service. You ordered something that they were not going to deliver on time until you PM'd him a negative thread of several pages on the business that he works for. Glad it worked out for you, but that kind of costumer service is automatic with Summit Racing, NPD, and most of the smaller vendors that frequent this site.

·
Registered
307 Posts
...On Fleabay I found a listing for those wheels at $122 each, free shipping and guaranteed delivery on Friday, April 5... So he changed the shipping status to UPS Next Day Air and I got my wheels today [Friday]! Now that is Customer Service in anybody's book.
The main thing is that you got them in time for the car show. I'm glad that you got what you paid for!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts