Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have some time to catch up on things today, so I wanted to take a few minutes to send a shout out to Mustang Barn in Harleysville, PA for the awesome work they did on my 1970 Mach 1 this summer. Dan Nolan and his crew did a great job on bringing my Mustang up to the next level, fixing all of its significant issues, and most or all of the small ones too! The car is now to the point where its a solid cruiser that looks and runs great. Dan has a reputation for distributor work, of course, but he and his crew also do complete restoration work. They far exceeded my experiences with other shops due to their specialized knowledge of Mustangs. If you're considering getting some restoration and repairs done, Dan and his team do a really great job! View attachment 736600 View attachment 736602 View attachment 736604

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Looks great - have fun cruising ! !

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Beautiful Mustang!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wowwwwwwww.... as someone who's starting another project.... i want to ask how long that took and what they charged lol - but dont feel the need to respond.
It took several months and I spent some money for sure, but there are so many factors that just throwing figures out there might be misleading. I can tell you though that the pricing was reasonable and fair, especially considering the amount of work involved. We ran into some delays here and there but they were unavoidable, such as waiting on seatbelt restoration. One of the things I really liked, and is hard to find, is that Dan was proactive and when he found things that needed attention he brought them to my attention and in some cases just fixed them if they were not too expensive. There were some things that were fixed that I had no idea about because I’m still learning. At the end of the day, I felt that my car was in the hands of an expert on Mustangs who was working with me to accomplish my restoration goals with long term quality in mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL the pricing is always top secret.
Sorta, but if my wife sees this ...

All kidding aside though, the car was already in good shape as I had been working on it the last 3 years. Just decided to take it to the next level with new carpet, seat covers, door panels, T5 swap (trans was not original anyway), gears, carb, distributor, etc. It took awhile to get my turn in his shop, so while it was in there it just made sense to get all the stuff done it needed that was questionable for me to do myself. I did a lot to the car beforehand. Could I do seat covers, for example? Probably. Would they look like they do now? Definitely not! Did I go over my budget and over invest in the car? Almost certainly. But I don’t care because I intend to keep it and enjoy it. I’m not an investor. And besides, I still spent way way less than if I went out and saddled myself with 5 years of payments on something new, and I wouldn’t get anything with near as much soul and character as this car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Did I go over my budget and over invest in the car? Almost certainly. But I don’t care because I intend to keep it and enjoy it. I’m not an investor. And besides, I still spent way way less than if I went out and saddled myself with 5 years of payments on something new, and I wouldn’t get anything with near as much soul and character as this car!
Amen. Now drive the balls off it- a car like yours should be seen and flogged regularly. nothing looks better to me than a nice car with some apparent usage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts