Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had planned for ELVIS to be the summer project this year, but with Ty claiming the Panel entirely as his own and a deal I could not refuse, Meet 'RagDoll" also known as the Sally Truck (after the character in the movie Nightmare Before Christmas.)

She has already done her fair share of encouraging profane language, hair pullng and forehead smacking on my part. She runs great, getting her to stop has been the challenge!! (I STILL HATE BLEEDING BRAKES.) The PO installed a 65 LTD front clip giving me power steering, nice handling and the current drive train as well as the evil brakes.

She will remain ratty looking and will have pieces from various cars and trucks true to her name. She is my shop truck for my new venture. I will practice pinstriping and sign painting on her, since I can't possibly ruin the paint. Look for her at swapmeets in the SF Bay Area! Thanks for letting me share.

Here's a pic of a CLEANED up RagDoll. (I think a cat went bald in the engine compartment, and a herd of dust rhinos must have attacked both the exterior and interior before I rought her home.)
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Keahi73/3f1db43e.jpg

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Coool part hauler ::

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey, that's gonna be a great ride! I have casually kept my eye our for a P/U project -- run out of room at the moment tho. . .

Good luck with the painting experience, post some pics when ya got something.

enjoy!

K

·
0 Posts
That just screams STYLE!

Nice find.......but you really need to get Elvis going. ;)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's up with those dual quad headlights?
I asked myself that same question. My best guess is mid 60's pontiac. I think my friend noticed the look on my face, and threw in a 51 grill. You oughta see the 66 mustang tailights in the rear fenders.

John, Ty told me it is a very special paint job that can not be duplicated by man intentionally. He lovingly refers to it as 'Patina'.

Mike, I know what you mean. Summer is dedicated to getting the trucks ready for the F100 version of MITM. No obvious changes to Elvis this year. Just pertronix and hopefully new wheels. There was an incident earlier this year with Elvis.

I'll post some pics of my pinstriping attempts as I go!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
do a 2" section!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts