Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Between the cylinder 2 and 3 intake ports and 6 and 7 intake ports there is a small hole(bout an inch). I thought it was a water passage but Im not sure. My manifold has a little passage that runs from one bank to the other. Are these hole's here so water can cirulate and cool the manifold down? I though cleveland's had "dry" intakes?? Thanks for the help. And this is with a 2v clev and a performer.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It is the hot air crossover ,,Block it off for anything other than a bonestock dailey driver

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Personally, I wouldnt block the exhaust crossover on a daily driver unless I lived in FLA or CA.....

Even then, I wouldnt if I put a single plane intake on...

It's purpose is to atomize fuel sooner when the engine is seriously cold.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Exhaust cross over.. Block it.. Trust me...

In the PM I sent you, the intake gasket I recommended DOES NOT have an opening for this, if you want a functional exhaust crossover you have to cut a hole.

But I would MOST CERTAINLY block it. I've gone both directions, and the power difference was noticable once the car was warmed up. I live in WV with no choke and never had a problem starting or cold running, but once the motor was fully warmed, with the crossover blocked the car pulled slightly harder. Was even able to lean the carb out just a hair afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts