Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I lost my mother rather suddenly last week. It's a very difficult time for me, as I'm sure you all can understand.

I felt I needed to post to let people know that the T-shirt orders have been going a little slower due to my not being in my office, so please bear with me. I'd also like to ask anyone who's contacted me regarding orders that may have gotten 'confused' to e-mail [email protected] She (Sara) is my receptionist and has been handling the t-shirt orders. I let her know that some of you might be contacting her and she is more than happy to get things straightened out. Thanks for your patience in advance there.

One bright spot to the last week is the Shelby is back home: http://www.vintage-mustang.com/restoration6

So that will be a nice mental distraction - as I said it's very hard.

To those of you who have already sent cards, thank you for your kind words and wishes.

-bob

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Hang in there big guy.Our hearts and thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Bob, My heart goes out to you and your family, our prayers will be with you. I went through it just a few years back. Wish I could say something that would help but at this time I know nothing does. With time it will get a little eaisier.

Stay around those who love you and try to keep busy, please do not worry about the tee shirts or even the forum for that matter take care of you.

Mark

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Bob,
Sorry to hear about your Mother, You and yours will be in our prayers. Hang in there it will be ok. You have a big family here to talk to!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wish to express my deep sympathy for you and your family. These are heart wrenching things that happen to all of us and it is difficult to know how much pain comes from the loss and our feelings, until the loss is our own. This is not a time for you to be your normal strong self; your close freinds and immediate family are there to hold you up and allow you to greive.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I hadn't heard about it before this post. You and your family are in our prayers.

On the plus side... the Shelby looks Great!

Keith

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bob

Sorry to hear about your Mother. Its always very difficult when you loose anyone close to you especially a parent. Take things slow, It takes time to heal. When I lost my father in 92 I wasn't over it untill the Fall of 93. A year after his death is when I started to finally greive for his loss. Take care of youself, let yourself geive in what ever fashion you need and give yourself time. After a while the loss will fade, you always miss them, but you will slowly heal.
Dave

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
you already know how I feel, my friend, after our lengthy discussions. The passing of your mother has made me STOP and reflect what I truly have in this world......

too many times we get caught up in the physical things in life, ie our jobs, hobbys, sporting events, vacations, and so on. What we too many times take for granted are the PEOPLE connected with each and everything we do. My mother is also 71 and in relatively good health. She is on her way up to Washington state next month to help celebrate my grandmother's 100th birthday. My dad passed at the age of 55 from emphysema (damn smoking) and the thought of my mother suddenly leaving is gutt wrenching to say the least....

one of the things I have taken for granted lately is the people at this forum and especially in the chat room. it is a great feeling to know that I have friends out in cyberland that are just as real as my friends physically close to me. I have spent literally hours, at times, discussing everything under the sun with many of you. When I went through my separation last summer for example, many kept in contact to "make sure I was doing okay and to offer support". Just knowing that somone cares out there helps me get through the rough times and makes the good times that much more enjoyable. If this sounds "mushy", frankly, I dont give a damn. Even though I have not met many of you face to face, I feel I know you well enough to confide some very personal issues in my life. Bob, Tom Kubler, Randy (Midlife), Charles (CECaspian), Jim (Jawstang), Gene, and the younger guys like Mark (ang), John (better baron) and Mark (mark1243785) along with many, many others have become a VERY large part of my life that help validate my existence on this very small planet we call earth.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I appreciate each and everyone of you much more than you will ever know. During Vietnam, many of us were "conditioned" to keep feelings in without getting to close to one another. This I truly regret. It REALLY makes my day to sign on the internet and instantly get IMd from several people at once, if for no other reason than to see "whats up and how am I doing".

I want to reiterate that at any time, I am there for each and everyone of you. Whether it is a question on Mustang or something more serious, I am hear to listen and offer whatever I can to help get you through. If you have something going on great in your life, I want to hear about it and share in your excitement. God bless America and God bless each and everyone of you at the VMF.

Bob, my very deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences while at the same time, my extreme gratitude for the VMF - God bless you my friend and your family and ANYTHING you lay your hands on...

randy

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I'm sorry Bob, I did not know until this post, either. You and your family will be in our prayers. I have no words to share that will help you. Take all the time in the world for this, we are not going anywhere and a T-shirt is a miniscule thing compared to the loss of a loved one. If there is anything that I can possibly do for you, let me know....
Scotty

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Bob,

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Bob, my sincere condolences to you and your family. There is nothing that hurts like losing "Mom." I lost my mother to cancer a few years back. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Don K.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Bob:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Don't worry about the T shirt...I can wait.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Bob,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Please take some comfort in knowing all our thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts