Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I was driving my car last night and when I was on the highway it was fine but when I got into town and slowed down a little, the headlights started intermittently working. Not the parking lights, not the guages. Nothing except the headlights. If I turn them off for a couple minutes, they work when I turn them back on but after a couple minutes, they start flashing again. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This same exact thing has happened to me twice in the past 20 years or so. The headlight switch contains a circuit breaker, which is designed to give you the safety of some headlight operation even under conditions of some circuit overload. Either you have an intermittent short somehere in the headlight wiring, or your old headlight switch is just old and the circuit breaker is becoming faulty. The easy solution is to replace the switch and see if the problem goes away.

-Jeff

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a '51 Willys that did the same thing. Headlight switch went bad. Try and find one of those! :p Finally found one and the problem went away. ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts