Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,862 Posts
I've seen a similar article about Gail and her Mustang before. It's awesome that she still owns hers while the Canadian airline pilot traded his.

Reactions: kblagron

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
I want to say I saw the blue car and owner story on the local news out here on the left coast but it may have been on the internet...........

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
The salesman said he wasn’t supposed to show it, but he did. And sold it. Nothing has changed in 55 years. Ha ha
Anything to make a sale and a buck right?

John

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here is another early Mustang story. My uncle told me this story years ago. He was living in the Chicago area, about 20 years old, driving home from work and saw a car behind a Ford dealership that he didn't recognize, so he turned around and went back to get a better look. The car had not been dealer prepped (hub caps weren't on, had transportation film still stuck to it, etc). So, he found a salesman and was told it was a new model called a Mustang and they could not sell it until a certain date according to Ford. The next day he stopped again and found the salesman and said, "I really want to buy that car, is there anything you can do?" The salesman went and asked his boss and they said they would sell it but would not prep it and would have to postdate the sales receipt so as not to get in trouble. So, he took it home and what he remembered the most about it was that it took him all night to get this protective film off the outside of the car. He wasn't sure how the dealer removed it, but they must have had a trick because just peeling it off by hand was a pain in the rear.
He said it was one of those 60's green colors, and he ended up totaling it after only a few months
He was not sure of the exact date. I'm sure there are probably many stories like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts