Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited Jerry at ABC Mustang in Hayward on Friday. To put it lightly Jerry is not a happy camper. He was informed that the church that rents to him is upping his rent and he can't afford it. So he's looking to move but can't find an acceptable spot. He has about 9 of his own cars to move and all his equipment/tools/parts.
It doesn't look good. He needs to be out by Feb and he's so emotional with this and family problems (his words) that he is willing to just quit.
To me he is a trustworthy mechanic that knows his Mustangs and gets the job done and done fast. I hope he finds another locale and stays in business.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this time I actually went there and talked directly with Jerry. He was very angry and hyper about it. Not interested in new work and I could understand why.
Not sure how long to wait on him if he does get back in business.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm sad to hear about Jerry's situation. For years I had heard about ABC Mustang and finally got to meet Jerry about 6 months ago when I went over to Maier Racing also for the first time. Jerry is really nice guy with a wealth of knowledge and experience . Good and honest mechanics are hard to come by, so I hope to see ABC Mustang survive.

Either way, for those who are in immeadiate need of another trustworthy mechanic that is well versed in Vintage Mustangs, I highly recommend Wayne Carter at Carter's Auto Repair. He will work on just about any year or make of vehicle, but his shop does a LOT of Mustang maintenance and mods.

Carter's Auto Repair Service
3710 Bonde Way
Fremont, CA 94536
510-742-1368

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
So sad to read about local Mustang Mechanics who are having problems surviving. They are starting to multiply like rabbits.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Here's a second vote or Wayne Carter. Very honest and very thorough. Won't try to sell you something you don't need.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think ABC mustang is still open. And I will check out Carters as well since i live in fremont.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been talking with jerry recently about a v8 conversion on my 6 cylinder. He seems very knowledgeable and has steered me in the right direction to get this conversation to happen.

im looking forward to working with him and will report back on how the conversion went

·
Premium Member
12,047 Posts
I have been talking with jerry recently about a v8 conversion on my 6 cylinder. He seems very knowledgeable and has steered me in the right direction to get this conversation to happen.

im looking forward to working with him and will report back on how the conversion went
If you're paying somebody to do the conversion you may as well just sell the 6 cylinder car and buy a V8 car. I can see the cost of the conversion costing $10K and more if the mechanic supplies the parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're paying somebody to do the conversion you may as well just sell the 6 cylinder car and buy a V8 car. I can see the cost of the conversion costing $10K and more if the mechanic supplies the parts.
Ageeed and definitely something I looked Into, but the condition of the current car, plus the mods it already has to interior and sound system, and the collection of parts already acquired, it just made sense to use this car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts