Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there's some really great o/t stuff in here today, but down to bizz... I have finished the fabulous "granada" swap and got the blessed hubs turned down so the chrome rims will fit over the hub. Now, I have to figure out what size these rims are. They are 15", I know that much, but how do I determine if they are 15 x 6 or 7??? They came off a 4x4 ranger (around a 97 or so) and I can already see there will have to be a backspacer as they are very deep, much wider than the original wheels. thanks...gary. (they are going on my 66 coupe/289 front disc brakes (yeaahhhh) and back drum).

G

·
0 Posts
GW, If the rims are aluminum the size should be cast on the backside. If they are steel they should be stamped somewhere on the rim. When you measure the width of the rim, measure across where the bead of the tire sits, and not the full width. Who did you get to turn the hub part of the rotor ? Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I should be able to figure it out from your info. The machine shop here in Opelika, Al. did the job for $20. for both side. They had to press out the studs, then put them back in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
hi GW, heres the perfect webpage for you .. http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
this shows with illustrations how to measure rim width, backspacking, bolt patterns ...

needed this myself recently and it was a godsend ...

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts