Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've decided the '68 needs a new paint. It is currently painted in it's original color, Sunlit Gold. It is not really my favorite color (Sorry Laurie & Murphy) and I think it is what's been holding me back at shows. It seems the black & red Mustangs get all the attention. I'm pondering a color change and already have it picked out, Dark Highland Green. Of course I'll have to get rid of the Magnum 500's and get some Torq Thrust but that's a minor detail to me. My question is, in the ball park, about how much more $$ I'm looking at for a color change as opposed to getting it painted the same color?

Happy New Year All,

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I don't think there is too much savings keeping same color unless doing so:

1. Allows you to keep same interior color
2. Allows you to avoid painting certain areas that is already original color and is still in great shape, such as door jambs, etc. But odds are the new color and old color will not match close enough so you will probably want to paint everything.
3. The cost of the original paint is cheaper than the Dark Highland Green.

Do you have the paint code for DHG?

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Hey, changing the color on yours only makes mine that much more rare. :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's music to my ears. :thumbup: I have the color code now thanks go Gary, and yes I want to go with the latest DHG color scheme. Now if I could just find the dent pattern McQueen did to the car..... :eek: :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts