Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a track obviously. They have heads up at a local track. Just flag guy and finish line, no clock or lights. It will be the first time racing for me. My friend wants to race my car. He has 87 firebird stock with 350, and 5 speed. It should walk all over my car, but we will see.
I have 351 2v cleveland, better than stock cam, 2 barrel holley(yuck), 3.08 gears, and c4 tranny. On paper I should get my arse kicked, but I got my car in pretty good tune(finally) and its running pretty hard right now. We will see...... Bout to go take the spare tire out, take check the air in the tires and head on down there:) I hate to walk into a guarenteed loss but oh well, Ill let you guys know what happens:) How many car legnths will he get on me you think??? It is an eight mile, btw. see ya......(game face on)
p.s.Will be carefull

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Hope everything went well...

Obviously, your car isn't set up for 1/8 mile track duty but the experience will likely do you good...

You'll wish, if/when you're running 7's in the 1/8, that your car can hook up as easily as it did tonight..*G*

Trick to beating manual trans cars is to get out on them....if they're not experienced, they start banging gears and going up in smoke. I beat a lot of faster stick cars that way when street racing...ooops, bad word..

hehehe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get desparite and take the belt off that runs the altenater and water just before the run and gain a few hp but dont run it for very long run a k and n filter race fuel from 76 station if avalable in your area just a few little tricks good luck Leroy

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Try not to spin much at all it will seem slower but it's not. Work out a contact patch in the back by spining your tires and looking at your black mark. If it's dark in the middle let presure out until it's even. If it's dark where the outside of the tire is and light in the middle add until it's even. Pump your front tires up to 45-50 this reduces rolling resistance. Don't shift your car much above 5000 rpm the 2v head starts to drop off. You can beat him, my 93 lightning would spank him. Check your timing and advance it until it starts to ping and back it out a couple degrees. I want to see tail feathers GO GET HIM !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts