Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of abs rear 1/4 trim panels for my 67 vert, they seem really cheesy anyone using these?

·
Registered
520 Posts
They will look ok once they are upholstered. If they are the same ones I have, they are likely more durable than originals. Although mine said they were plastic, but the texturing on the backside sure looks like fiberglass. In any case once you get the padding, upholstery and ash trays in they will look fine.

Jafo

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these ones are super thin, no marks for the snaps and one has a molded top corner end and the other one isn't. Mine are from MP products, I'm wondering if the scott drake ones are better? I plan on installing some 4 x 6 speakers in them too. I guess I could re-enforce them with some sheetmetal flashing.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The ones I got were fiberglass. I had to do some sanding on the edges in places to get the best fit AND I had to break loose one of the mounting tabs and refiberglass it in the proper place. I spent a LOT of time getting them to fit just right but they turned out really well.

I upholstered mine with the kit from NPD.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I got the ABS version from NPD. The overall shape seems good, but the locations of the mounting tabs suck! I had to redrill my steel panel just to screw it together and had to use a big spacer at the bottom hole because the ear was too far in. There are bumps on it to show where the snaps go, but they're unnecessarily large. I spent a whole day getting my rear quarters together. I was not happy about having to drill holes in my factory panel.

It's another case of "how hard could it be to get this right?" :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts