Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

After driving 500+ miles to the KC Hot Rod Power Tour with the outside temp topping out a 99deg. I am considering putting the AC back in my car. It had factory Air.

I would like to add a vintage air or classic auto air system.

I currently have a Mega Montecarlo bar, and it looks like the bar would be in about the middle of the compressor.

Is there a set of mounting brackets that could be used to lower the AC compressor so that it sits under the montecarlo bar?

I do not have power steering so hitting the pump will not be an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Gary

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have the straight Monte Carlo bar like Patrick and mine worked fine with the factory York and recently upgraded to the Sandem style Old Air.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I also have the straight Monte Carlo bar and Sanden compressor from Classic Auto Air, and have not clearance issues.

The only thing that might not work as it might hit the compressor is the curved Monte Carlo bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hello

I have the curved mega bar. sits a little lower and im sure it will hit on the curve. Unless I can drop the sanden compressor a few inches.

Too bad the bar wasn't mounted about 1/2" higher as it would probably make it. The mounting bracket for the AC compressor is a standard size so to get it to sit lower you would have to modify it or build a custom one to drop the compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts