Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reinstalling my factory Ford Tecumseh AC compressor in my 66 289. I took tons of pics but I'm finding out that most of my mounting hardware isn't correct. NPD has a kit from AMK but does anyone have a good exploded diagram of how it all goes together? It seems the AMK kit has three studs, but I'm not sure where they go. I assume they mount the compressor to the bottom plate, correct? Also my car never had the strut bracket and I'd like to get one. Where does it attach and are they being repo'd? Can't seem to find it on NPD or CJ's. I believe it bolts to the intake manifold. I have a Cobra aluminum intake. Will it still fit?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
71 Posts
You may already have your answer but Classisautoair.com and Jim Osborne Exploded View Illustration Manual also show detail Ford diagrams for the entire system. Call me at 503-545-9316 if you need pictures from my engine compartment. I went through the same process awhile ago.

Paul Wilde

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may already have your answer but Classisautoair.com and Jim Osborne Exploded View Illustration Manual also show detail Ford diagrams for the entire system. Call me at 503-545-9316 if you need pictures from my engine compartment. I went through the same process awhile ago.

Paul Wilde
Thanks for the offer Paul. I have the Jim Osborne books. That's where I saw the strut, but I couldn't find it on NPD or CJ's website.

@awhtx posted a link and I have one in route as we speak.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I haven't compared the attached to what is shown in my 1966 Assembly Manual, but what I have attached is from the Illustration Section of the 1960-68 Ford Master Parts Catalog.
Of course, the full description of the parts shown (size, quantity, etc.) is in the Text Section. Rather than me spending a lot of time going through all, of the parts shown, just either Post or PM me what specifically you need, and I'll look them up.

Hope this helps.
1966 AC Inst - 1960-68 MPC.jpg

Bob

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@196667Bob Thanks for the illustration. That's the most complete one I've seen. I found out I have 99% of the parts. Only thing I need is the strut rod and got that on order. Also found out my AC compressor bottom support plate had the worng hardware. Bolts instead of studs. Got all that on order form NPD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts