Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70M1, Factory AC, Sanden conversion.

I really dislike the Sanden lines and the factory condenser. Plus I just don’t feel like the performance is all that great.

I was debating on getting the under engine kit that has the superkool condenser. Or replace entire system to aftermarket.

20k on my rebuild & use my AC even in parade traffic. My system works, added elec fan for idle, it’s just never been great. believe my factory style condenser & lines may be my weak link for performance. But I just wanna get this done once.

anyone have thoughts? Not trying to fix mine, just want a better performing system. (I know how to make my system work - it’s just weak/lame under heavy load/heat/traffic). I could care less if it looks stock.

thanks

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
70, can you just upgrade the condensor ? If you have tha Sanden rotary, how many pistons are in the model your car has ? Can you upgrade the compressor ? LSG

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have installed three AC units into my classic mustangs with R134a and Sanden 508 compressors. I have found that the latest high efficiency heat exchangers within the evaporator makes a considerable difference in lowering air temperature. Was your system put under vacuum prior to being charged? Are you able to get some pressure readings on your high and low sides? Do you have a infrared thermometer to get readings on the condenser and heat exchanger? I think this will help you better understand where the weak link is within your system prior ti dropping some coin. Best of luck.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
CAA makes evaporator and condensors that are much more efficient than stock. They make up for lost efficiency using R134.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
When I did my 24" radiator conversion I went with the Superkool condenser, and aftermarket under dash AC unit and it is amazing. I've never overheated in Phoenix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts