Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished painting my car. It turned out great. I have orange peel in the clear coat i'm going to wet sand out and then buff. Just bought a new power buffer and some compound. The guys over at English supply are such a big help. Here's the pics.

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Looking good Vince! Don't know if this is the case or not, but if you've never buffed a car before do your homework on that. I'm guessing you're pretty excited right about now, huh? Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :pirate:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good Vince! Don't know if this is the case or not, but if you've never buffed a car before do your homework on that. I'm guessing you're pretty excited right about now, huh? Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :pirate:

Thanks 4ocious.:smile2: I am VERY excited:grin2:. I am aware of the dangers of buffing And i have been doing as much research as i can. Thank you:smile2:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I suggest running some masking tape along the sharp edges and doing them by hand once you have finished machine buffing, you may risk cutting right through the paint if you aren't careful on the buffer!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'd practice on an old painted panel on another car or a junkyard part before starting on your mustang. That was a good color choice. I was torn between Acapulco, Brittany and Nightmist blue when I did my car. They are all great colors. I've had Brittany and Nightmist. The next one's Acapulco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts