Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 289 engine. So I had been fighting getting my carb to open up all the way. I thought it was under the hood and I tried adjusting the throttle linkage in and out but that would raise my idle and it still would not open the throttle all the way. Still needed like another 1/2" to be fully open. I found that inside the accelerator pedal to the ground was only like 2-2.5" inch travel which no matter what I would do under the hood it would not open the carb all the way. What I ended up doing is disconnecting the linkage to the carb and then I lifted the accelerator pedal inside (good hard tug) and that gave me another 2 inches of travel. Now my carb opens up all the way and still have 1/2" before the accelerator pedal is on the ground. Is it ok to do this? Or maybe after 53 years the whole accelerator pedal assembly is tweaked? How much travel do folks have from the bottom of the pedal to the floor?

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far is your accelerator pedal from the floor when turned off, how much space do you have to push it down? I am pretty sure its going to be more then the 2-2.5" in I had?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I just had this problem too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts