Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time now i have read about accent stripes on a 67 but i am not shure what they mean. am I right saying that only the GT's had the stripes along the rockers, or could any vehical without rockermoldings get them? Thats the only stripes i know of. The C stripe didnt start untill 68 right?

G

·
The accent stripe for the 67s was a thin pin stripe that ran along the top side of the fender, the door, and the quarter panel. The stripes were either white, black, or red.
Was it still called the Accent Group in '67? In '65 the stripe also included rocker panel moldings and deletion of the quarter chrome molding in 65/66.

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have a picture of a car with this?
If you had rocker panel moldings would this mean you had the strip?
Would it be paint or tape?
I think the original paint is under the primer on my car i may go try to find the stripe.

· Registered
655 Posts
So would the Marty Report show this option on the 67 or not? Was this a dealer installed or factory installed?
Anyone know how many cars had this option in 67?

· Registered
3,471 Posts
There is a 67 K-code convertible on E-Bay that would be a good example of the accent stripe. The white really shows up nice on the dark blue.

I have a black accent stripe on one of the white fastbacks and it is amazing how much it adds to the overall look of the car.

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a 67 K-code convertible on E-Bay that would be a good example of the accent stripe. The white really shows up nice on the dark blue.

I have a black accent stripe on one of the white fastbacks and it is amazing how much it adds to the overall look of the car.
I couldnt find the ebay car and is the car with the stripes on it one of the ones in your sig pics. I cant see any stripes other then the rocker panel stripes

Also i found a picture of a red 68 that had a white stripe that ran along the top point of the fender along the door and along the high end spot on the 1/4 panel. Did 67's and 68's have the same option avalible

Also i found this from http://autocolorlibrary.com/
http://autocolorlibrary.com/chips/1967-ford-pg01.jpg
You see on the bottem right were it says Body side paint. Is this talking about the stripes in single or duel. Was this the same option and did you have the option of two stripes or one? The more i look into this the more confused i get :no:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.