Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who missed it, check out the original post here.
Just had an accident

Went to Sears first thing in the morning to meet with the Auto Center manager. (The car was towed there the night before and put inside)

He asked what happened.
I told him, and without hesitation he said they would pay for the repairs at the bodyshop of my choosing.

He is contacting the bodyshop and will call me next week to let me know when to take it in. I'm still going to contact my lawyer on Tuesday just to be safe.

Now for the pics.

Check out my new Vintage 45 wheels!
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bubby827/images/1.jpg
Now check this out :(
Kids, this is what happens when a wheel leaves your car at a speed of only between 15-20MPH
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bubby827/images/2.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bubby827/images/3.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bubby827/images/4.jpg

This whole thing really sucks, but at least I wasn't hurt (at least on the outside)
It could have been a lot worse.

She had never had any bodywork done to her :(

For more accident pics click on my website, then click accident.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Such a nice clean car, I would not settel for anything less than a original fender. Make the insurance company buy you a $600 NOS one. Thats just how mad I would be if it were my car. My buddys 70 olds convert engine seized up after leaving the Walmarts oilchange bay 5 blocks down the road. No oil filter on the block. Their insurance wanted to total the car and give him a couple of dollars for it since it was so old. What a crock....he fought it and the paid for a new engine. Good luck....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Glad to hear they are doing right by you. I have found Sears to be pretty good with customer service. I have a friend whose wife works at Sears and she is told the customer is always right and do what it takes (within reason) to keep them happy. They have some serious competition these days and if they want to stay in business, they need to treat people right. Am I missing something here, why did they loosen the lugs for an alignment?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
That has been one GREAT looking car!!!

Looks like the side of the cowl and the rocker are relatively unscathed THANK GOD.

Give them a chance to do right by you.....if they dont, be a bas___d if the car isnt returned to awesome condition.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is sad, I doubt I would have had the ability to be as civil as it sounds like you have been. At least at this point it sounds like they are going to make every effort to make it right.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Make certain they don't put any repro junk on it. Will they ever be able to match the paint? I smell a repaint..... Did the car come to rest on the rotor? Make sure the shop checks it all out.....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Jeez, man. So sorry that it had to happen to such a beautiful car. It would be terrible for anyone.
Well, at least they have agreed to fix it. I agree with only NOS parts. I hope that there is nothing out of whack in the frame...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be the most patient, understanding car owner in the history of cars. If that had happened to my primer, reproduction turd fender I would have lost it. Let alone on such a beautiful, original fender.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yikes!

I'm so sorry, that must have been the most sickening experience. Very glad you're okay. I'm with the others:

No Repo parts allowed!

Hope Sears does the right thing,

Dean T

·
Registered
916 Posts
:( :: ::
Ouch, that makes me sick to my stomache just to look at.

I agree with the others, demand factory parts, don't allow repo junk anywhere near it.

Good luck with everything, glad to hear everything is working out so far.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well since no one else said it I will. It could have been a whole lot worse. Under the right conditions YOU could have been way messed up.

PS> Love the wheels. ::Billy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Man, I am having flashbacks to when I personally destroyed my limegold 68 fastback summer of 81. I don't trust any tire places anymore. Seems like you always have to double check everything, which probably isn't a bad idea anyway. On my Mach, it usually draws enough attention that they make sure they don't screw up, but you never know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts