Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Hopefully that link works - it shows all the cars from that auction, not just the Mustangs. They went for decent money (Boss cars in the 40s and 50s and the Shelby for 70).
I was checking out that Edsel a few days ago. It was less than 1k at the time. It went for 12.5k but looked like a really nice restoration...

Allen

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah I saw some cars that seemed like decent deals when it was all said and done. Wish my dad and I had made the trip.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Thanks for the update link. I wonder how they feel over on the Boss forum, surely they are tracking those VINs now:)
I hope at least a few knowledgeable people with money to spend inspected them and gave competitive bidding, otherwise the numbers could be way off. Were they real with bad VINs or totally clone/faked? We may never know.
The only way i could judge from the pics is the oil coolers, red one had it yellow didn't. Assuming best case I think the yellow one was a good to nearly bargain price for a tribute. Red was high-ish retail for a tribute but bargain basement for a real one with a shady history. I'd take a state issued VIn for a nearly 50% discount any day.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, I was eyeing the yellow one the whole time. $44k doesn’t really seem crazy high for any nice completed 69/70 fastback, let alone one that might be a Boss 302. I tend to think these cars were real (or at least have a greater chance of being real than the cars he sold) since they were in his private collection.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts