Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Largest car auction in the world.

I received my advance catalog Saturday, and there is a guy selling his WHOLE MUSTANG COLLECTION at NO RESERVE! Here is the list:

1964.5 Convertible - 289 Hi-Po (originally 260), 4 speed Toploader, Traction Lock, Rally Pack... RED!
1965 Fastback - restored w/ 5.0, AOD, PB, PS, AC... and RED
1966 GT Convertible - Rotisserie Restoration w/ ALL NOS parts, Pony Interior, Placed Gold in MCA National Shows.. BLUE w/ White top
1967 GTA Convertible - 390 S code, C-6, PS, PB, AC.... BLACK w/ Black top
1968 GT Convertible - S Code 390, AC, PS, PB... BLUE w/ White top
1969 Grande - PS, PB, AC.. BLACK
1970 Mach 1 - 351 4V, PS, PB, AC... ORANGE?!
1971 Boss 351 - 32000 actual miles, ONE OWNER... BRONZE!?
1972 Convertible - V8 (???), AT, PS, PB, AC, Mag 500's... RED w/ White top
1973 Convertible - 351C Q Code, Toploader, 3.50:1 Traction Lock, PS, PB... YELLOW w/ Black Top

WOW... Owner's name is Jerry Maddox... I am already salivating.

·
6,855 Posts
If you've never been to the Auburn auction, you need to go. Go into Auburn and visit the Auborn, Cord, Dussy Museum too.

My dad and I went a couple of years back. They had one of everything for sale, and two of most. The car corral has as many cars as the auction itself. After a while you just get numb there are so many cars there.

How many places can you go and buy a 427 Thunderbolt Fairlane, a '65 Shelby, a Boss 302 in about every color made, and a rusted up early frame complete with "K" data plate in one big field? Plus, there are so many cars you can get an idea for where the market is on each one. We rented a golfcart, because my dad just can't walk that far anymore, but I was glad to have it too. It's huge.

Phil

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Is that a Krause action??? If so it is worth the price of admission! They don't have cars like that at museums!

And you get stories too at no extra charge! "I could have bought a(n) 'your favorite car here' for 'a really unbelievabley low price'. Darn I wish I had the money on me!" or this one.. "I would have gotten it but I just had no way to get it home!"

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
My wife and I went last year. I was especially impressed with a 67 GT 350 that was bought out with the regular people cars, then transferred into one of the tents. They had a sign on it like they owned it for years! Plus, someone suggested they bought it at about 17.5, well it had a $29000 price tag now. Like anything else, buyer beware.
Didn't see a single deal I could live with but the Auburn parade was cool as was the Museum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts