Vintage Mustang Forums banner

ADAM 12 68 Mustang Coupe

21K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  DrVett 
#1 ·
Just saw this on ADAM 12 and figured it would be cool if someone here has this car.

68 Gold Coupe, White Vinyl top, pop open gas cap, deluxe gold interior.

California plates UUI 421

I know I'm dreaming.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
nope. not here

#3 ·
That car was seen in a lot of episodes of Adam 12. It usually always parked somewhere in the background. In one episode it was Pete Malloy's car. I've recently watched a bunch of episodes on Hulu.com. I'm sure the car belonged to Universal Studios (who made Adam 12) when they used to have a big car fleet. In one episode they arrest a drunk out of the car. The plate would have been a dummy plate and not actual issued state license plate. I used to handle movie cars for a studio when I lived in California.

#4 · (Edited)
I have seen this gold coupe used in several episodes as has already been stated. Because of when Adam-12 was new and popular there is several Mustangs to be seen besides this gold coupe. There is the 69 Mach I that the guys follow Reed and Malloy around in to cause trouble in one episode. There is another where a teenager gets kidnapped and rants and raves about the 70 Mach I they picked him up in. Also Reed and Malloy bust a car theft ring using women and arrest them on the hood of a grabber blue 69 Shelby. I believe it is the same 69 Shelby that in another epsiode a young Ed Begley Jr is selling the wheels off of to a buddy of his. There is a dark blue 67 coupe ran into a house by some teen party crashers. Oh yeah, there is also the silver 66 coupe that is used as the get away car for a couple of murder/rapists in one episode. There is also the light blue 72 convertible get away car that is ditched for a corvette. There is even a chase scene with a little 74 Mustang II in one episode. Lastly, although I know there is many more Mustangs to be seen, they used a white with blue stripes 66 Shelby. Once seen behind a woman as they arrest her for calling in a bomb threat to a beauty salon. In another episode you see the same Shelby drive by really slow as Reed and Malloy are in an alley with some teenage hoods.

Sorry for the long post. As you can see I am an Adam-12 fan. The local RTV station here makes it easy to get my fix since it plays it Monday-Friday at 5:00 pm.

Reactions: 66#3
#5 ·
I have seen this gold coupe used in several episodes as has already been stated. ......................................................The local RTV station here makes it easy to get my fix since it plays it Monday-Friday at 5:00 pm.
I get it here too. This episode was today.

#8 ·
The Gold Coupe is a 1967. A lot of time they used fake plate numbers for cars in tv shows. I've read that plate numbers were not issued in California with a 1 or an L as the last digit. Looked to similar for identification.You can see the car in a number of episodes with the original plate number ULM 818. I own the car now and have since 2002. I bought from a gentlemen from Culver City. He gave me the Black plates and registration paperwork. It's still in very good shape. No accidents
Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Font Auto part Text
. Original engine is going strong!

#21 ·
Yes. Since earlier this year from time to time I will google search Gold Mustang in Adam 12 show. My wife has watched the show for years and joked that she thought it was our car. We knew it was a San Jose built car and the gentleman I it from was from Culver City. I just never did a search until this spring when I had so free time. You know COVID-19 gave a lot of people some free time while socially distancing.

#25 ·
That impressive that the car still exist. I grew up on Adam-12 and still watch reruns of it. Your car is seen in a lot of episodes. Sometimes just parked in the background on the side of the street or in a parking lot. Seeing as it wore a dummy plate and it's actual plate at times, I wonder if it was owned by crew member of the production company? There are other cars I noticed make appearances in multiple episodes. I've seen a formal roof 1968/69 Torino in several episodes as well as a 1969-72 LTD.

#28 ·
Not sure about the other manufacturers, but it's clear Ford has placed their cars in many TV shows for many years; from "Adam 12" to "Desperate Housewives". I get many an eyeroll from Mrs. Klutch whenever we're watching a vintage TV show and I shout, "Oooh, look, it's a Mustang!".

#31 · (Edited)
So great that the car still exists and congrats on having it! I'm an Adam 12 junkie and am on the second run of watching the whole series on MeTV. Did you know that the dispatcher gal that was heard throughout the series was a real employed LAPD dispatcher? There's special 'end of watch' that she broadcasted live when Martin Milner passed away.

#33 ·
So great that he car still exists and congrats on having it! I'm an Adam 12 junkie and am on the second run of watching the whole series on MeTV. Did you know that the dispatcher gal that was heard throughout the series was a real employed LAPD dispatcher? There's special 'end of watch' that she broadcasted live when Martin Milner passed away.
Sharon Claridge was her name. Emergency did the same thing, used a real dispatcher named Sam Lanier. Mike Stoker (used his real name in the show) from Emergency was a real Los Angeles County firefighter since they needed an actual firefighter to operate the pumper.

#32 ·
I still remember many Adam 12 episodes I watched as a kid in prime time. Most memorable was the episode where Reed gets a temporary assignment to the drug squad. The leader of the drug squad kept saying to Reed, "Take a shower, kid". :D I also liked the episode where Reed was teaching Mallow how to ride Motocross. Too bad they never took the Mustang to an autocross.

#38 ·
Gold 68 Mustang, white vinyl top. I always figured it belonged to a crew member. Our family car was a '66 (Dad still has it) so I was always picking out Mustangs on TV shows back then. Come to think of it, I still do - Cougars too.
Hawaii Five-O (the real one, not the soy-boy redo) always had Mercurys - Park Lanes and Marquis. I guess Jack Lord was a big boy.

#39 ·
Gold 68 Mustang, white vinyl top. I always figured it belonged to a crew member. Our family car was a '66 (Dad still has it) so I was always picking out Mustangs on TV shows back then. Come to think of it, I still do - Cougars too.
Hawaii Five-O (the real one, not the soy-boy redo) always had Mercurys - Park Lanes and Marquis. I guess Jack Lord was a big boy.

Regarding McGarrett's black 67 Mercury, it had multiple personalities. Usually a 4 door, but now and then it would change into a 2 door :)

#40 ·
There was also what looked like a repainted 66 GT-350 that was in quite a few episodes. Light blue if I remember correctly, Had the hood scoop, quarter windows, and side scoops.

The Grabber Blue Shelby mentioned above was a 1970, rather than a 1969 I believe.

#41 ·
The Grabber Blue Shelby mentioned above was a 1970, rather than a 1969 I believe.
You're correct. It has the black hood stripes (1970 Shelby only). A young Ed Begley Jr. and a buddy caught swapping wheels and tires off the Shelby in question.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.