Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on ADAM 12 and figured it would be cool if someone here has this car.

68 Gold Coupe, White Vinyl top, pop open gas cap, deluxe gold interior.

California plates UUI 421

I know I'm dreaming.....

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
nope. not here

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
That car was seen in a lot of episodes of Adam 12. It usually always parked somewhere in the background. In one episode it was Pete Malloy's car. I've recently watched a bunch of episodes on Hulu.com. I'm sure the car belonged to Universal Studios (who made Adam 12) when they used to have a big car fleet. In one episode they arrest a drunk out of the car. The plate would have been a dummy plate and not actual issued state license plate. I used to handle movie cars for a studio when I lived in California.

Reactions: Blues Power

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have seen this gold coupe used in several episodes as has already been stated. Because of when Adam-12 was new and popular there is several Mustangs to be seen besides this gold coupe. There is the 69 Mach I that the guys follow Reed and Malloy around in to cause trouble in one episode. There is another where a teenager gets kidnapped and rants and raves about the 70 Mach I they picked him up in. Also Reed and Malloy bust a car theft ring using women and arrest them on the hood of a grabber blue 69 Shelby. I believe it is the same 69 Shelby that in another epsiode a young Ed Begley Jr is selling the wheels off of to a buddy of his. There is a dark blue 67 coupe ran into a house by some teen party crashers. Oh yeah, there is also the silver 66 coupe that is used as the get away car for a couple of murder/rapists in one episode. There is also the light blue 72 convertible get away car that is ditched for a corvette. There is even a chase scene with a little 74 Mustang II in one episode. Lastly, although I know there is many more Mustangs to be seen, they used a white with blue stripes 66 Shelby. Once seen behind a woman as they arrest her for calling in a bomb threat to a beauty salon. In another episode you see the same Shelby drive by really slow as Reed and Malloy are in an alley with some teenage hoods.

Sorry for the long post. As you can see I am an Adam-12 fan. The local RTV station here makes it easy to get my fix since it plays it Monday-Friday at 5:00 pm.

Reactions: 66#3

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen this gold coupe used in several episodes as has already been stated. ......................................................The local RTV station here makes it easy to get my fix since it plays it Monday-Friday at 5:00 pm.
I get it here too. This episode was today.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thought it was a 67. In at least 20 episodes. The drunk episode had them with close ups. Door panels were the 67 interior decor with brushed aluminum inserts. I’ll look for pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Gold Coupe is a 1967. A lot of time they used fake plate numbers for cars in tv shows. I've read that plate numbers were not issued in California with a 1 or an L as the last digit. Looked to similar for identification.You can see the car in a number of episodes with the original plate number ULM 818. I own the car now and have since 2002. I bought from a gentlemen from Culver City. He gave me the Black plates and registration paperwork. It's still in very good shape. No accidents
thumbnail_20200409_184731.jpg . Original engine is going strong!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen this gold coupe used in several episodes as has already been stated. Because of when Adam-12 was new and popular there is several Mustangs to be seen besides this gold coupe. There is the 69 Mach I that the guys follow Reed and Malloy around in to cause trouble in one episode. There is another where a teenager gets kidnapped and rants and raves about the 70 Mach I they picked him up in. Also Reed and Malloy bust a car theft ring using women and arrest them on the hood of a grabber blue 69 Shelby. I believe it is the same 69 Shelby that in another epsiode a young Ed Begley Jr is selling the wheels off of to a buddy of his. There is a dark blue 67 coupe ran into a house by some teen party crashers. Oh yeah, there is also the silver 66 coupe that is used as the get away car for a couple of murder/rapists in one episode. There is also the light blue 72 convertible get away car that is ditched for a corvette. There is even a chase scene with a little 74 Mustang II in one episode. Lastly, although I know there is many more Mustangs to be seen, they used a white with blue stripes 66 Shelby. Once seen behind a woman as they arrest her for calling in a bomb threat to a beauty salon. In another episode you see the same Shelby drive by really slow as Reed and Malloy are in an alley with some teenage hoods.

Sorry for the long post. As you can see I am an Adam-12 fan. The local RTV station here makes it easy to get my fix since it plays it Monday-Friday at 5:00 pm.
I've own the Mustang 2002. Still in great shape!
IMG_20150712_121057599 (1).jpg
IMG_20150712_121057599 (1).jpg

·
Registered
870 Posts
Did you get a Marti report to see if there was any mention anything unique about the purchase, specifically the dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably our car. I started researching photos from the show and zoomed in on the plates. ULM818 (y)(y). Then I knew for sure. I plan on getting one. And making up a collection of all the photos from the show.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Wow, that is too cool!! Thanks for sharing and welcome to VMF. Deja Vu, the America I grew up in now on Hulu!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you get a Marti report to see if there was any mention anything unique about the purchase, specifically the dealer?
The Vin# shows it was built at the San Jose plant. And the license plate ring is Jim Fisk Ford. When I do get the Marti report I'll share any new info.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts