Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering an add on airconditioner the sits on the hump for a 65 and need to know how the kit varies depending upon p/s installation. I don't have p/s presently, but might add it in the future. Which kit should I order?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have the Classic Auto Air Daily Driver R134A system and I am in the process of installing Power Steering right now (just cleaned up from the garage /forums/images/icons/smile.gif .) I bought the correct '66 Power Steering system with the correct '66 3A732 power steering bracket from Rode's Restoration and am very happy with the kit so far. The P/S bracket fits behind the A/C bracket in 2 places and the P/S pump fits very nicely below the A/C compressor.

If you have any more questions on either of these installs let me know, I have pictures of both installs.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The classic Auto Air kit I used is the same with or without P/S. You just need to add 3/8" spacers behind the compressor bracket where the P/S bracket will normally line up - that's the only mod needed. It also will work with the incorrect P/S pump (won't interfere with the dipstick cap).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts