Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I answered it. I'm now the proud owner of three of them. One used, two NOS in the box. As a trivia note - the louvers were made right here in Ohio.
Too big to be "lunchbox" items, these were aquired by the seller from the company owner some years back as a partial payment on labor as "obsolete stock".
Sometimes it pays to search.
Dave

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
A friend found a NOS set in the box in the back of a school bus earlier this year in a wrecking yard in Utah. Don't think he paid that much for it.

Two lucky people.

Best I've done this week was a 66-67 427 Holley carb body for $10

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh - no. Nice try though! That was 250 each. 500 for all three. The used one needs tweeked (slight frame bend and two brakes in center rib) and he threw that one in for free.
At one point (years ago?) he said he had over a dozen and a couple Torino sets (I know those are hard to come by based on ebay prices - a lot more expensive than Mustang ones.
One new one will replace the one on my car (I've repaired that one 5 times in the course of my restoration, those things are really weak on that center rib in the narrow spots) and the used one and my current set will go with me to the Columbus OH swap meet. The other NOS one will be set aside for potential barters (anybody got any 57 VW bug stuff?) or a future ehay slot. After the numerous parts I've paid premium prices for it was nice to go home thinking I got a good (great?) deal for a change.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts