Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it physically possible to bolt 68 calipers on the wrong sides? I'd post pics but it is at the exhaust shop as I speak.

Pedal is soft so I know there is air still in the system. The bleeder looks like it might not be at the lowest point. Exhaust guy suggested they might be on the wrong sides.

Still fighting the hose leak too. Going to get new washers. Also having a little trouble getting the speed bleeders to close. Anyone else have trouble with speed bleeders?

Is this caliper on the wrong side?
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/thumb_1192314181-calliper1.jpg
This is the Pass side taken horizontally, bleeder is towards the back of the car.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back from the exhaust shop.
Added pic to the original post.
It's on the gallery too if it's hard to see here. A little blurry from being so close, sorry.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
1965GTFB said:
Also having a little trouble getting the speed bleeders to close. Anyone else have trouble with speed bleeders?
I tried speed bleeders and had nothing but trouble with them. I had to take them all off and re-bleed the regular (i.e. 2-person) way. I suggest you go back to standard bleeder screws.

Good luck,
MrFreeze

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
* 1965GTFB Said:

Also having a little trouble getting the speed bleeders to close. Anyone else have trouble with speed bleeders?

I tried speed bleeders and had nothing but trouble with them. I had to take them all off and re-bleed the regular (i.e. 2-person) way. I suggest you go back to standard bleeder screws.
Already bought regulars today. The rears seem to be ok but not the fronts.

Looked at the neighbor's 68 and I think maybe I do have the calipers on the wrong side, although his car has been parked for 8+ years. Would still like to see a pic if someone has some.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Looked at the neighbor's 68 and I think maybe I do have the calipers on the wrong side, although his car has been parked for 8+ years. Would still like to see a pic if someone has some.
Here's a pic of Shag's passenger's side caliper from the top view.

click to enlarge

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Craig & dustyrelics for the pics. It's official I put them on the wrong sides.

Now to figure out why I don't have spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts