Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner removed the rear belts from the 68 fast back. How do you remove the lower rear seat and how do you reinstall it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I believe you just kneel on the floor in front of the bench, facing the upper back rest. Push down somewhat and push toward the trunk firmly, then simultaneously lift up. There are just little "hook" assemblies on the floor into which bars on the bottom of the seat lock into and those need to come free from the hooks before the seat can be lifted up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes that is true... removed my 68' rear seat a little while back.

the hooks on the rear portion are facing down, while the hooks on the seat portion are facing towards the back. (if I remember correctly). SO you have to push down to clear the first set in the back, then push forward with the lower seat portion to clear the other set. I can send a pic if you need more explanation. Just PM me i guess and i'll go take a pic. tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is this the same for a coupe?

·
Registered
597 Posts
In my 67 coupe you pull the lower seat out towards you, and once that's out of the car, there are two nuts holding the upper seat to the back body (they're down by the floor).

Once they're out, the upper seat can be lifted out like the others describe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, i got the belts installed.
I had to take off the drivers side rear panel so i could remove the rear driverside bolt.
Its done, the seat is easy to remove and install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts