Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Fastback
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '66 I have Granada front discs and Versailles rear discs with a Wilwood MC (260-8555). My brake pedal sits about 1-inch lower than my clutch pedal and if I pull it up then when it hits the pedal stop it's parallel with the clutch pedal. Since I have manual 4-way discs, I bought the Scott Drake A21161-DB adjustable brake pedal rod which lowers the pedal mounting point. Well this part is pushing into the MC at an angle and binds terribly with my Wilwood MC. It initially bound on the brake light switch until I shimmed it with washers. It comes with no instructions or diagram and so I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck with this adjustable brake rod and the Wilwood MC? I think I'm just going to return this dropped mount version and make my stock '66 Mustang rod into an adjustable one by cutting in half and using a die.

CJPony A21161-DB

Thanks!

·
Registered
1967 Mercury Cougar
277 Posts
I'm not sure why Scott Drake would use an offset bracket for a manual brake car that effectively reduces pedal ratio and increasing pedal effort. I'd understand if it was for a power brake car though. Have you looked into this pushrod instead? It's what I used in my in-law's 66 mustang with factory Kelsey Hayes front brakes.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Fastback
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved! Made my own adjustable rod. Only issue, I cut out the two ridges at the middle of the oem Rod (approx 1/2”) and I still Have an inch or so of travel at the pedal. Used red locktite to assemble everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts