Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worth the cost?
Im going to do the shelby drop and some say to get the Adj struts to help with alignment. What do you guys think or feel on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I bought a set from Total Control back in the day when Total Control was a stand alone company. Made a big improvement in the ability to align the car. Also, eliminating the strut rod bushings tightened up the front end a bit. At the time, they were the least expensive product sold by Total Control.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'd like to know the bang for the buck factor, too. These and the roller perches both are pricey when your stock ones "work". I haven't convinced myself that I can't live without these yet, which is usually what I end up doing before I reach for the wallet.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I just received my Global West strut rods. Looks to be well crafted and similar to most adjustable strut rods out there. Anything from GW seems to be of highest quality. I haven't installed them yet so I can't help you there.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,716 Posts
Dunno about "bang for the buck" exactly. Stuff like this is like asking how much horsepower you will gain from upgrading one engine part. Possibly very little, the real horsepower is gained from the total package of engine parts. You should expect the same sort of thing if you want a higher performance suspension. All the bits and pieces should work together to improve handling. Some bits make more difference than others. IMHO the adjustable strut arms would be in the "small difference" category. This makes them no less worth having though. If you plan to upgrade other parts of your suspension to obtain better performance it would make no sense to me NOT to buy adjustable struts. Adding them will allow you to get more from your other suspension modifications. Not so much because they are adjustable but rather because they reduce the "bind" inherent in the original rubber bushing type struts. Anything that eliminates or reduces bind in suspension action is generally a good thing no matter what kind of driving you intend to do.
Every once in a while somebody posts about having broken or shattered a stock strut rod. I've yet to hear of a single problem with anyone's adjustable ones, no matter where they got them. Anybody else?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have been extremely happy with my street-or-track strut rods.
In conjunction with roller spring perches driver feedback has improved significantly.
Worth the $$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts