Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought these adjustables strut rods from OT,and have a doubt :
does i have to put a bushing (polyurethane)where the bracket is fixing to the frame, or does it works without any bushing, just metal with metal.
in this case is there any noise or vibration?
i use the car both street ans track, but want a correct riding on the street.
thank's .

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It bolts directly to the metal. Generally, less rubber in the suspension makes the ride less comfortable, but the adjustable strut rods have the advantage that they move easier up and down, which reduces the impact of a bump. On some road conditions it may be a little more comfortable than before while you may give up some comfort on others.

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,384 Posts
If they are Street or Track strut rods (Opentracker is a distributor for us so I'm assuing they are) then mount them directly into the frame end hole. No bushings required - metal on metal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought them to opentracker, so it's your's by the way.i hope to don't have too much noise on bad road, however they looks great and pretty strong.
i test a lot of stuff for french people and give my opinion on french forum after many test on my car,and i'm confident with your products
thank to every body for your quick response

1 - 5 of 5 Posts